User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Change we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change we need.

If we replace the manager and continue with the model of making a profit on the back of transfers we are unlikely to obtain one of the calibre of Wenger. The reason being, that Managers of that calibre aren't likely to be willing to do that!

That isn't to say that there isn't anyone out there, because I reckon Moyes could do it - he kind of fulfils a similar role albeit on a smaller scale at Everton. But the strategy we employ is the constant selling off of our best players - this is why we've had teamsheets that are regularly unrecognisable from the teams that preceded them three years previous. This repeats itself all the time - which is why we see the on pitch problems repeat themselves time after time. We see the same thing EVERY season because we are always watching a team of players at the same stage of development in their careers each season. We never mature as a team, because players are either sold on at a profit if they develop or shipped out on loan if they don't.

We'd get the change we wanted to see - but only in the short term because the problem is (IMO) the over-riding strategy employed since the ownership change will lead to the same frustrations occurring.

The Board - and Wenger seem to point to what is going on as a prudent, sensible approach, but it is not - they will always be able to trade off the the goodwill of the vast majority of existing supporters, but long term, where are the new supporters going to come from? Continued in perpetuity, this is a strategy doomed to failure because failure on the pitch is eventually going to lead to failure on the balance sheet - but I bet my ass the Club will be sold on for a tidy profit before that occurs.

I'm sorry for the ramble, but the crux of my point is this: we may see an improvement with a change of Manager but we will not see a change that addresses the fundamental problems until the current ownership realises it is at the point of profit maximisation and sells off accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New mods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but I bet my ass the Club will be sold on for a tidy profit before that occurs
    That's the plan, the whole plan and nothing but the plan.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Usmanov's cash to raise the ship, IF, the yank hasn't punched too many holes in it by then.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only real way to solve it, is to find a billion quid, and try and buy Kronke out.

Second to that, is to try and make it the most uncomfortable we possibly can for him. If everyone just stopped going, stopped buying the tat we see in the club shop....then the share price would drop like a stone....and that would be lovely to see. In fact, I think this is how the best protest can be sold to all fans.

Hate a billionaire owning the club, and want him out quick? Hit him right in the nuts and drive his share price down.

We can but dream.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    If we replace the manager and continue with the model of making a profit on the back of transfers we are unlikely to obtain one of the calibre of Wenger. The reason being, that Managers of that calibre aren't likely to be willing to do that!

That isn't to say that there isn't anyone out there, because I reckon Moyes could do it - he kind of fulfils a similar role albeit on a smaller scale at Everton. But the strategy we employ is the constant selling off of our best players - this is why we've had teamsheets that are regularly unrecognisable from the teams that preceded them three years previous. This repeats itself all the time - which is why we see the on pitch problems repeat themselves time after time. We see the same thing EVERY season because we are always watching a team of players at the same stage of development in their careers each season. We never mature as a team, because players are either sold on at a profit if they develop or shipped out on loan if they don't.

We'd get the change we wanted to see - but only in the short term because the problem is (IMO) the over-riding strategy employed since the ownership change will lead to the same frustrations occurring.

The Board - and Wenger seem to point to what is going on as a prudent, sensible approach, but it is not - they will always be able to trade off the the goodwill of the vast majority of existing supporters, but long term, where are the new supporters going to come from? Continued in perpetuity, this is a strategy doomed to failure because failure on the pitch is eventually going to lead to failure on the balance sheet - but I bet my ass the Club will be sold on for a tidy profit before that occurs.

I'm sorry for the ramble, but the crux of my point is this: we may see an improvement with a change of Manager but we will not see a change that addresses the fundamental problems until the current ownership realises it is at the point of profit maximisation and sells off accordingly.
    Jurgen Klopp or Marcelo Bielsa will do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting in a new manager might or might not solve our problems on the pitch. Who knows? No one does. Its a risk but we have come to the point where that risk has to be taken cos one thing we do know is that if Wenger is in charge, we are going one way only and thats towards mid table

I agree the board are greedy ass fuckwits but ultimately Wenger is in charge of the footballing side. The defence, the formation, shite ass strikers, tactics, Arteta etc. Thats all down to Wenger and a new manager might right these horrific wrongs. It will take time. We will need a lot of patience. We can see it with Liverpool how Rodgers is trying to rebuild a side destroyed by Rafa, Woy and Kenny and it will take years for that to happen. Fortunately we are not at that level yet but we will be unless Wenger leaves asap.

January will be the biggest month of his career. Failure to sign quality players in the positions we need them should see him sacked, write the season off, bring a new manager in, give him til the end of the season to have a look at the current players, see which one he wants and which ones he doesnt, try out new stuff and then react accordingly in the summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must almost be time for the Wenger poll again.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2014 is the magical year we may see some change. FFP will be set in stone, new commercial deals can be sought and most importantly, Wenget's contract is up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    2014 is the magical year we may see some change. FFP will be set in stone, new commercial deals can be sought and most importantly, Wenget's contract is up.
    share price will be at its optimum so it's sell, sell, sell!