User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Sunderland 19.45 at home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logged in to check the score before I go to bed. Just realised this will be the first season since I moved to London in 1991 that I won't have attended an Arsenal match.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexis is on 23 league goals, 1 behind Lukaku. There is a real chance he can win the golden boot despite wenger's best efforts.

And to think some fucking pundits / journos had Mand/lallana in their team of the season ahead of him LOL clueless cunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Logged in to check the score before I go to bed. Just realised this will be the first season since I moved to London in 1991 that I won't have attended an Arsenal match.
    Just goes to show, never give up, try, try until you succeed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Was it because of the boycott? I don’t go to many games but could have gone yesterday and chose not to because I was reminded of the boycott. If it weren’t for being on GW and NQ reminding me, I would have totally forgot and gone to the game. It’s good to see the word spread and we need more of this. Thanks to various social media outlets, blogs and platforms, it’s much easier to spread the word. When talks of boycotts were proposed before, there was always the fear that non regulars would take the place of regular attenders. That wasn’t the case yesterday and breaks that fear that any action is pointless. I think most people want to do something because nobody is happy with the way things are now,

The press are running stories of Emirates being half empty and thousands boycotting the game and I’d say we’ve got the message across. Even if Wenger tries to spin it as an odd day in the week to play a game, the general consensus is that this was a boycott. It’s caught the attention of the mainstream media and let’s hope it catches on with someone that has Kroenke’s ear. Credit to all those that got the word out and started it. Heard it from Le Grove and I’ve always wished Arseblog would use their platform to make a similar statement. Not too late to. As said, if it weren’t NQ mentioning it again on here, I’d have gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I think even if Wenger signs a two year contract it's at best 50/50 that he avoids getting sacked before the end of it

Kroenke sure as hell does not care about us as a football club, but he will care about anything that has a detrimental effect on his share values.

Despite Wengers late recovery, it is the involuntary muscular jerking of a cadaver. The type of results we've seen this season are going to become more commonplace and more frequent.

In fact I'm quite happy to say that Wenger signing a new deal is the guarantee that his tenure ends in ignominy rather than the soapy tit wank he's been looking for.
    Not a chance, the board support Wenger 100%, the only way he'll leave is if he wants to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Not a chance, the board support Wenger 100%, the only way he'll leave is if he wants to.
    What is your purpose here? You want people to take more action but take the opportunity to publicise the fact that our actions mean nothing. But when people actually try to do something you say it’s not enough and play down the boycott’s effect. This is not constructive. It’s a bit clichéd but you’re now part of the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    What is your purpose here? You want people to take more action but take the opportunity to publicise the fact that our actions mean nothing. But when people actually try to do something you say it’s not enough and play down the boycott’s effect. This is not constructive. It’s a bit clichéd but you’re now part of the problem.
    There's no purpose, it's reality, the only way to get him out is for fans to make it impossible for him to stay basically, where he decides it's just too much hassle to stay on, the board aren't going to get rid of him, he's not going to fall low enough in the table for them to do that, they back him 100%.

If he feels he's universally not wanted, he might decide it's time to call it a day...but you never know with Wenger, he might take the opposite stance just to prove people wrong. We're in a very unique scenario here where someone has had power for 20 years and controls many facets of the club, way more than he should and where the board are universal and unwavering in their support for him.
    Last edited by Özim; 17-05-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Was it because of the boycott? I don’t go to many games but could have gone yesterday and chose not to because I was reminded of the boycott. If it weren’t for being on GW and NQ reminding me, I would have totally forgot and gone to the game. It’s good to see the word spread and we need more of this. Thanks to various social media outlets, blogs and platforms, it’s much easier to spread the word. When talks of boycotts were proposed before, there was always the fear that non regulars would take the place of regular attenders. That wasn’t the case yesterday and breaks that fear that any action is pointless. I think most people want to do something because nobody is happy with the way things are now,

The press are running stories of Emirates being half empty and thousands boycotting the game and I’d say we’ve got the message across. Even if Wenger tries to spin it as an odd day in the week to play a game, the general consensus is that this was a boycott. It’s caught the attention of the mainstream media and let’s hope it catches on with someone that has Kroenke’s ear. Credit to all those that got the word out and started it. Heard it from Le Grove and I’ve always wished Arseblog would use their platform to make a similar statement. Not too late to. As said, if it weren’t NQ mentioning it again on here, I’d have gone.
    Precisely, basically to cut a long story short I use Twitter too much but it was going viral with #Emptirates

Maybe Wenger is in a bubble, but there are people at the club that are pretty media savvy and they will be worried about this becoming a repeat occurrence especially with the renewal of season tickets coming up.

I was as negative about the futility of the situation as Zim, but actually despite certain media attempts to paint the fans as entitled and ungrateful.....the message has got through. I don't think there has been anything even remotely disrespectful (which i think would be counter productive), and i think the fans despite the constant haughtiness from those who seem to think Wenger has a divine right to stay here as long as he wants have been clear in their message.

They aren't calling for him to be sacked, they are saying there is no justification for him to be given a new contract.....it's not the same thing.

Whatever the motivations of Gazidis and Keswick, whatever the extent they are part of the problem....the situation is embarrassing for them. The arrogance Wenger seems to show does not befit how the team have performed this season, and that is the sign of a man with far too much power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Protests weren't too bad actually, and I bet quite a few of those who did turn up were one-time opportunists who probably don't get the whole Wenger thing anyway. Not buying into the idea the thousands stayed away because it was Sunderland. There was more to it than that. Looks like many regulars made their feelings known by their absence. The media is paying attention, as you say. I wonder if Kroenke can be persuaded to pay attention too?

Talking of AFTV, I notice all the regulars attended. I wonder what the thinking was there? Most of them are Wenger out and they must have known about the boycott. So what are they doing turning up? If they absolutely must get their YouTube fame fix, stand outside the ground for the duration. Seemed a bit weird that none of them participated in any way. Did any of them even mention it, apart from commenting on how poor the atmosphere was?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    There's no purpose, it's reality, the only way to get him out is for fans to make it impossible for him to stay basically, where he decides it's just too much hassle to stay on, the board aren't going to get rid of him, he's not going to fall low enough in the table for them to do that, they back him 100%.

If he feels he's universally not wanted, he might decide it's time to call it a day...but you never know with Wenger, he might take the opposite stance just to prove people wrong. We're in a very unique scenario here where someone has had power for 20 years and controls many facets of the club, way more than he should and where the board are universal and unwavering in their support for him.
    Again you make these statements based on absolutely nothing.

Arsenal's league position governs it's share value, if you don't believe Kroenke will fire a sports manager who is underperforming and costing him money just ask Jeff Fisher.