Your favourite place ever?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bognor

Bognor

Bognor
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually not sure where I went last. I guess the last thing which counts as a holiday was Washington DC, went for a tech conference and MrsL came out and we stayed for a few extra days to look round.

No immediate plans but eyeing up a tech conference in August which is near Seattle, only because it's in August and just before a total solar eclipse which goes across North America this year (August 21st) and which I've had my beady eye on since the one in London in '99 which wasn't total and I found rather disappointing.

I think my favourite places are New York and Paris. More of a city person and they're both excellent examples of the genre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was DC like? For our honeymoon we're going to do a bit of a whistle stop tour of America. Apart from the obvious, I can't imagine there is much to do and see there? Couple of nights enough?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, MrsL and me just have a few days and that was fine. A week would be too long. Was impressed by DC.
    I've heard good things about Chicago - looks amazing on Prison Break. You'd probably get shot, mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dayton, Ohio is where it's at.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The eclipse goes through Nashville.
    Heard good things about New Orleans.
    San Francisco is apparently much nicer than Las Vegas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vegas is just a theme park really. It's good if you like strip clubs and gambling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't impressed with Vegas. Well, I was impressed with the scale of the place but goes in the "glad I've been, wouldn't go back" category. Had a couple of days at a ranch near the Grand Canyon and that was all kinds of awesome.
    God/Blind Natural Forces*

* - delete as appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I did a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. Definitely glad I did that.