User Tag List

Page 234 of 235 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235 LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

HCZ
    The cash reserves don’t vary that much, because that is the cash you have to spend when all the financial obligations are met

Our revenue stream is increasing but so too are our outgoings, in the grand scheme of things unimportant but lord knows what we had to pay to that fat sweaty cunt Mino Raiola in January.

Forbes has us down as one of the richest clubs based on earning potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    That money sitting in the bank account is 180 million which I’ve said from the beginning

https://www.google.com/amp/www.citya...four-other/amp
    You originally said no club would spend all of their cash reserves but if you're saying a £50m player actually costs £100m.
    But if you consider that if you want to sign one 50 million player, in addition you have the adds on, the wages which if you are not adding to your current wage bill is another 40 million over four years...and you are looking at up to 100 million (if you don’t sell that player in that time)
    Wouldn't that mean we've just spent £200m and then add another £50m for Ozil's contract?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    You were done hours ago, but as per usual as with many of our debates. You tend to spend half the time trying to debunk points I never even made.

“it’s ridiculous to say Wenger wants to spend money”

Didn’t say that

“Your argument doesn’t work when you consider Everton”

Depends on what Everton are paying their players. Their wage bill comparative to ours is a lot smaller

“Mislintat would only have been responsible in pushing for us to sign Aubemeyang”

Didn’t claim he had anything to do with the player sales
    You introduced the discussion we had last week that was about Sven and the new DOF guy Raul. You introduced Ornstein to the debate along with his statement. Now you're trying the full spin. I asked you if you believed what was said about Wenger wanting to spend money because you introduced it like you believed it. A direct question which you spun and didn't answer. Spinning from Wenger not wanting to spend, to the club not wanting Wenger to spend but then you break down the math to say a significant amount is being spent! My head is spinning!

HCZ
    The cash reserves are what we probably have give or take after the Aubemeyang sale

Plus as I’ve stated more than once the transfer budget would incorporate wages if the wages of the player coming in took the overall wage bill past what’s considered an acceptable limit (thus again talking about getting players off the wage bill before bringing new players in, the reason this whole tedious debate started)

The wages of Walcott, Coquelin, Giroud, Sanchez, Debuchy (probably about 20 million a year altogether)

Ozils new contract plus Aubemeyang and Mhkytarian (20 million added)

The sale of Ox, Walcott and Coquelin means we aren’t having to eat into the cash to bring in Aubemeyang

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You introduced the discussion we had last week that was about Sven and the new DOF guy Raul. You introduced Ornstein to the debate along with his statement. Now you're trying the full spin. I asked you if you believed what was said about Wenger wanting to spend money because you introduced it like you believed it. A direct question which you spun and didn't answer. Spinning from Wenger not wanting to spend, to the club not wanting Wenger to spend but then you break down the math to say a significant amount is being spent! My head is spinning!
    As I said to you a few weeks ago it’s irksome to have a debate with someone who tells you what you’re saying when you’re not saying that.

No the point of the Ornstein comment was a response to you implying that the club having no cash to spend was purely spin for Wenger, and I asked if that was the case why would Wenger be stating there is cash to spend (unless he’s so stupid he’s shitting on his own spin).

Again I never claimed Wenger wanted to spend money where the club didn’t but again don’t let that stop you.

As i stated hours ago the club sets a transfer budget and if that budget is largely exhausted which may or may not include wages, agent fees, signing on fees, they will say that’s all the money we have to spend.
    Last edited by HCZ; 03-02-2018 at 12:37 AM.

HCZ
    My sentence structure isn’t always the best when I’m typing large amounts but honestly if you’re unclear what I’m saying just ask rather than assume.

Because I’m tired of having to rebut things I’ve not even claimed

Maybe I’m just being garrulous but I can sum up the point in a couple of sentences

Look at the Cityam article that I linked NQ to which suggests that although the revenue is increasing our cash reserves have fallen from where they were, now I don’t know why this is but what I can speculate on is that considering since 2013 we have spent over 300million on players that some of this has gone to towards that.
    Now going forward I’ve also not said there is no money, but I suspect that the club wants to keep its current wage structure rather than get it up to say the Man City level which would mean having to sell players to get them off the wage bill before we buy significantly in the summer.

If you find fault with any of that, great don’t care
    Last edited by HCZ; 03-02-2018 at 12:41 AM.

HCZ
    I’m going to bed, if you feel the need to argue pointlessly for hours in future let me know and I will make bullet point presentations in my post so you don’t get confused over what I have or haven’t claimed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have no fucking clue what you're talking about or what point you're trying to make

Fakeyank was right, you just talk a load of BS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    You have no fucking clue what you're talking about or what point you're trying to make

Fakeyank was right, you just talk a load of BS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This stuff Wenger comes out with in regards to things being more predictable because of the amount of money in football...nobody asked for his opinion on it. He just offers it up when talking about why Aubameyang has come to England. Check from 13 minutes in.

Worth watching the rest. I don't know the Mirror is getting this click bait stuff about him regretting not selling Sanchez and confirming that Sanchez is getting paid a huge amount of money. They posted up the press conference on their page but have headlines that I haven't heard Wenger say in this conference.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...lexis-11962396