User Tag List

Page 2932 of 3204 FirstFirst ... 1932243228322882292229302931293229332934294229823032 ... LastLast
Results 29,311 to 29,320 of 32040

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His position is untenable. He's taken a kicking from both benches.

Starmer's speech was really powerful.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Bercow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    His position is untenable. He's taken a kicking from both benches.

Starmer's speech was really powerful.
    Starmer’s best performance in parliament imo.

However, its where he should excel given this type of statement suits his barrister style perfectly.

Remains to be seen if he has the charisma to be a leader which i doubt he can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I miss Bercow
    I dont.

He was bloody awful. For all the complaints that Boris doesnt respect parliament and its a rules, same applies to Bercow. He ripped up conventions which many remainers loudly supported yet it opened the door for boris to do the same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Starmer’s best performance in parliament imo.

However, its where he should excel given this type of statement suits his barrister style perfectly.

Remains to be seen if he has the charisma to be a leader which i doubt he can.
    It isn’t a beauty contest. Who cares about charisma?

I want competence and just a modicum of integrity. Both of which Starmer possess in spades compared to Johnson or any of the toads that are in the running to replace him.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Voters do, unfortunately.
    Or enough do for it to matter in an election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post

I want competence and just a modicum of integrity. Both of which Starmer possess in spades compared to Johnson or any of the toads that are in the running to replace him.
    Of course charisma matters. Starmer may be good in debates like yesterday but he needs to convince that he will be a strong leader able to stand up to people like Putin or take decisive action against people like Assad. This was a major failing of Miliband who just looked weak despite having the odd good performance in Westminster (for clarity, Johnson doesnt have this either)

While i dont disagree starmer has more integrity then Johnson, he has questions to answer over it. When his colleagues were being bullied out of the Labour Party, he stayed silent and backed corbyn. Recently one of his MPs has stated she wants to quit the party over abuse she receives over her stance on trans rights. Starmer’s response was an incredible interview where he couldn’t answer if she was right that only women have cervix’s. This to me is starmer’s weakness, when the going gets tough, he just looks weak because he cannot take a decisive stand nor back those who are being wronged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your argument can be thrown right back at you. When it comes to standing up to Putin, most of what gets done is behind the scenes. Not public sabre rattling to satisfy your base. It isn’t your base that you need to influence. You need a strong understanding of your brief and of the facts to push your case. If you don’t and can’t be trusted even where you do, you risk doing untold damage. On a much smaller scale, there is a mother languishing in an Iranian prison as a result of incompetence managing a brief much smaller than the one Boris has now.

I will never claim any political party has it right, but look at the direction Starmer is taking Labour and contrast it with that of his counterpart.

And what does it say about the Tory party where they are content to shore up such an obviously incompetent and demonstrably corrupt person occupying the top office in the land?

What does it say about any potential successor that they stay silent, carrying on their support while police are investigating the leader as well as accusations of blackmail from within?

In 2019, we were presented with no choice.

There is a choice now.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt the machine has changed since the saviour Blair swept into office. Finally, finally, more of the same. The fact Starmer is the leader of the opposition wing of the partying state means he's perfectly unsuitable to represent everyday people.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BBC "Fact Checking" Boris Johnson's Jimmy Saville claim https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60213975