User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Chelsea (FA Cup, neutral)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    We should have wrapped that game up in the first half. We had the best chances. Welbeck really pissed me off today. Useless. Was happy to see Giroud come on. What a cameo.

Holding, Monreal and Captain Merts were great. Sanchez had a good first half and so did Ozil but it looks like Sanchez picked up an injury from the second half.
    Welbeck can't score goals but calling his performance useless is a very useless statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Please do not use the name Senderos to compare any defender we buy. Bad Karma

I still believe the reason why our defenders regress is bad training. Holding still has what came with him from Bolton.....it takes time to ruin them.
    Most of our young defenders get off to a good start. Chambers had was one of them, but it then turns sour. I think Holding will be different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind84 View Post
    Welbeck can't score goals but calling his performance useless is a very useless statement.
    A striker that can't score goals.... Yes we've been crying out for one of those all season If we hadn't have scored straight away and ended losing the final, nobody on here would be praising Welbeck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    A striker that can't score goals.... Yes we've been crying out for one of those all season If we hadn't have scored straight away and ended losing the final, nobody on here would be praising Welbeck.
    Tbh I'd have been disappointed but I think I would have still been proud of the performance from all of them.
    The only negative was the lack of clinical finishing and Welbeck is part of the problem there but he played well as did all of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Tbh I'd have been disappointed but I think I would have still been proud of the performance from all of them.
    The only negative was the lack of clinical finishing and Welbeck is part of the problem there but he played well as did all of them.
    Welbeck will always try hard. That's never been a criticism but he has to work on his technique and finishing. Besides that, he also needs to work on the runs he makes. There was one moment where he should have ran towards the backpost but he instead started to run towards Sanchez and Sanchez lost his shit with him, pointing towards the back post because that was the run to make. There were a few moments like that. He doesn't fully understand how to play as striker. He's really raw.

Welbeck reminds me of Sanogo. Has the work rate, a good athlete but lacks technique and has dodgy finishing. We can't really depend on a striker like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's better than Sanogo! But no, we can't depend on him in that neither him are Giroud will win you a title, but IMO they both add something to the squad and are good backups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone made a joke the other day on a podcast hat you just want to lock Welbeck on a 5 aside pitch with Ian Wright. Honestly.....I think he should make his training 50% finishing. That's not even a joke.

At the start of the season....(might even have been preseason) I asked the question on this forum whether we should seriously consider playing 343 through the season.....I can't be bothered to dig it out, but it was a non starter to most on here people were saying we didn't have the players for it. Anyway do people think now we've seen it that we should move forward with it...ie next season and base transfer targets with that system in mind?

I don't think the system change has simply been placebo and I'm personally not of the school of thought that it's all down to the players and the system is an irrelevance.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 29-05-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Someone made a joke the other day on a podcast hat you just want to lock Welbeck on a 5 aside pitch with Ian Wright. Honestly.....I think he should make his training 50% finishing. That's not even a joke.

At the start of the season....(might even have been preseason) I asked the question on this forum whether we should seriously consider playing 433 through the season.....I can't be bothered to dig it out, but it was a non starter to most on here people were saying we didn't have the players for it. Anyway do people think now we've seen it that we should move forward with it...ie next season and base transfer targets with that system in mind?

I don't think the system change has simply been placebo and I'm personally not of the school of thought that it's all down to the players and the system is an irrelevance.
    No, I don't think we should be going to 433.

We've got to stick with the 3 at the back.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHA! Doh!

I mean 3 at the back of course!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post

At the start of the season....(might even have been preseason) I asked the question on this forum whether we should seriously consider playing 343 through the season.....I can't be bothered to dig it out, but it was a non starter to most on here people were saying we didn't have the players for it. Anyway do people think now we've seen it that we should move forward with it...ie next season and base transfer targets with that system in mind?

I never would have thought Wenger would make a move to 3 at the back. It's definitely something we should continue with and I'd also like to see him alter the formation by playing 2 up front instead of one. My main gripe with Giroud up front is his lack of mobility. Combine his physical presence with a smaller player like Sanchez or Walcott and we get the best of both worlds. The three of them have scored a load of goals this season and we have a system that can accommodate a partnership. Also, we'd be able to play Ozil as a 10. The closer he plays to Sanchez, the better.

But even without the alterations, we should stick with this formation. Would prefer Sanchez up front and maybe get Iwobi back playing but in the wide attack position Sanchez would play. I think the kid deserves a second chance. He's not a winger and didn't suit playing there.