Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yes.

We have spoken about your paranoia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think Letters or anyone else has banished anyone in years. I could be corrected of course. I also can’t recall any recent posts being moderated, though again I may just not be aware.

When I saw Letter’s post NQ was referring to, I expected this reaction and so too should’ve Letters. That kind of joking only works between those with a more constructive history of engagement.

Rather than turning this place into a joke free place, I suggest it would be better if you guys could have a reset. Disagree strongly, by all means, but at least tame the veracity of insults, especially you NQ.

I like that we have polar opposites here expressing their opinions robustly, but the infantile back and forth insults is tiring.

I hope you guys can sort this out. I enjoy reading most of what you both post.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’m not an F1 fan at all. I guess I kinda wanted Hamilton to win but I didn’t really care.
    What happened yesterday would have been just as nonsensical had it happened the other way around.

Sport should be about who is the best person on the day.
    You don’t stop a 10,000 meter race with one lap to go where one athlete is 30 meters ahead and then have a sudden death lap with the person who was second suddenly right behind the one who was leading. Especially if the person who was second is given new shoes or something which gives them a clear advantage in that final lap. It’s just now how sport should be.
    Like you said, you know fuck all about it. Your MO really.

If you did know something about it you'd be celebrating that one rare moment where justice is actually done - it rarely ever happens. Listening to Mercedes fanboys accuse everyone of cheating is just priceless. The world's biggest cheats, crying about cheating. They'll tell you it all came down to one lap, but if you knew anything about F1 you'll know it was a lot more than that. Ask Bottas in his dodgem car, for one example. Or the sportsman and somebody who is definitely not an anti-competitive cunt of the highest order, Toto Wolff, openly trying to influence the face director on an open mic, that's how much this bastard thinks he owns the sport. One more event from a long, long chain. Might want to ask the Merc groupies on here how Hamilton had track position in the first place - don't see them talking much about that. Not that Hamilton should have been driving at all, he should be banned for his outrageous antics at Silverstone. But all of it was let slide, he had every possible advantage, including crazy steward decisions, he had the fastest car almost literally by a mile, the initial tyre advantage which was turned into a huge advantage by dodgy steward decisions, all of it his way.

Toto, the bed shitter, Wolff decided to hang onto that ill gotten position at all costs. Red Bull rolled the dice. Latifi crashed (paid by Verstappen I suppose). One man said let them race instead of running the season out under a safety car. And the Verstappen STILL had it all to do. And he did it. You already saw the brilliant defensive work by Peres on rims keeping the Hamilton rocketship at bay. Why could the best driver on the planet do the same? I said, Hamilton will never win if he has a serious challenge.

Now I don't know WHY justice was allowed to prevail yesterday. I'd like to think one man stood up and remembered what sport is supposed to be about. Probably not, probably has more to do with avoiding the sponsor sapping sight of the greatest show on earth ending like a typical morning on the M25. But maybe.

The only thing positive I'll say about Hamilton is he was a man in defeat. And his dad was a textbook example of sportsmanship. That was nice to see. I actually felt respect for both of them at that moment. It takes proper character to avoid behaving like the Mercedes fan boys on here (who weren't even in the race).

As for Tot Wolff - well you saw the guy for what he is.

And the hate for Verstappen, just because the pre-anointed winner didn't win when the chips were down. I loathe Hamilton because he has dragged a ton of non-sporting baggage into the sport - there's a reason for it. They hate the guy who beat their woke idol because he beat their woke idol.

Shame about Russell backing off once he got the new contract. I thought he'd bowl up to Mercedes and kick some arse. But that was naive thinking. He's got a Wolff to deal with after all. Ask Bottas. Did you notice how slow his car was yesterday btw?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I don’t think Letters or anyone else has banished anyone in years. I could be corrected of course. I also can’t recall any recent posts being moderated, though again I may just not be aware.

When I saw Letter’s post NQ was referring to, I expected this reaction and so too should’ve Letters. That kind of joking only works between those with a more constructive history of engagement.

Rather than turning this place into a joke free place, I suggest it would be better if you guys could have a reset. Disagree strongly, by all means, but at least tame the veracity of insults, especially you NQ.

I like that we have polar opposites here expressing their opinions robustly, but the infantile back and forth insults is tiring.

I hope you guys can sort this out. I enjoy reading most of what you both post.
    He tells a lot of "jokes" doesn't he? And he still defends his decision to ban those posters for the very thing he excels at himself. And I was banned for calling him what he is.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, yes.

We have spoken about your paranoia.
    But we haven't spoken about your obsession. Every time I take a few days off, I come back to find I've still been rather active.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    It has been ages. The board is so small now, it's more analogous to a group of mates (although in this case a group who don't all like each other!) chatting rather than a public board which requires moderation. It's very rare that anyone reports a post these days.

Rather than turning this place into a joke free place, I suggest it would be better if you guys could have a reset. Disagree strongly, by all means, but at least tame the veracity of insults.
    Fair. I have actually tried to post in a less aggressive way towards NQ. It doesn't help that he continues to believe that I argue in bad faith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched this like many others because of the winner takes all element. First race I’ve ever watched from start to finish and had no idea what was going on, safe to say I won’t ever be watching F1 again. Awful sport.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Watched this like many others because of the winner takes all element. First race I’ve ever watched from start to finish and had no idea what was going on, safe to say I won’t ever be watching F1 again. Awful sport.
    Pretty much how I feel. I mean, I have no idea if this was following the rules or not.
    If it was then the rules and therefore the "sport" is bullshit.
    If it wasn't and they're just going to ignore that then it's bullshit anyway.
    2 stars. Would not recommend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the race director previously said the safety car must stay out as there is a requirement of the sporting regulations to wave all lapped cars.

So if he said that then, why can he now justify amending the rules

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/57...ng-safety-car/