User Tag List

Page 203 of 439 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well actually poor old people don't have electricity.

Poor old people
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Freeview is shit for kids. My son does not watch a single programme on channels like Pop and Kix because they are full of garbage. The only reason I have any Sky package at all these days is for kids programmes.

I believe the family you are talking about - both parents are in work. And I also believe you have no idea whatsoever in the pressure of parenting children, providing them with entertainment and the costs in doing alternative activities. Transport costs alone to activities can exceed the monthly cost of Sky.

I also suspect you don't really understand much about the vast range of people that are having to resort to foodbanks and the things that occur that are often unexpected that lead them to do so.

None of the benefit families in that BBC show had jobs, they were living solely off benefits, hence the point of the program.
    If you are on benefits, and have been for a while, ie years not months, and you pay for sky, instead of food and end up being short of money to pay for food, that is wrong. Benefits are there to support and buy essentials. Not luxury items, which sky tv is.

Food banks are there to help those in desperate need of food, if you can't afford food because you spending your benefits on luxury items such as sky, then although food banks won't turn you down, you are depriving someone who might really need food because your piroities in life are wrong.

This family, live in Ipswich, from looks of it, fairly central location, now, I know Ipswich and there are a large amount of parks there, which kids can go to, especially in the summer and entertain yourselves there, parents can go to. Play football, play on the swings etc, that's free because they could easily walk there. Free view, although while not an expert on it's kids channels, does have Ceebeebes, CBbc and citv. Fairly standard kids channels. They should suffice for the kids. I just can't accept the principle, of yeah I spend my some of my benefits on sky, amd go to a food bank which is free. Furthermore, if you are a parent, them surely you need to provide for your children, the first you do is make sure food is on the table, not pay for sky.

If you are newly unemployed then fine, I accept it's unreasonable to stop sky etc etc, but after years, you have too. The state is there to fund essentials, not luxury items
    Last edited by Ollie the Optimist; 15-07-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    None of the benefit families in that BBC show had jobs, they were living solely off benefits, hence the point of the program.
    If you are on benefits, and have been for a while, ie years not months, and you pay for sky, instead of food and end up being short of money to pay for food, that is wrong. Benefits are there to support and buy essentials. Not luxury items, which sky tv is.

Food banks are there to help those in desperate need of food, if you can't afford food because you spending your benefits on luxury items such as sky, then although food banks won't turn you down, you are depriving someone who might really need food because your piroities in life are wrong.

This family, live in Ipswich, from looks of it, fairly central location, now, I know Ipswich and there are a large amount of parks there, which kids can go to, especially in the summer and entertain yourselves there, parents can go to. Play football, play on the swings etc, that's free because they could easily walk there. Free view, although while not an expert on it's kids channels, does have Ceebeebes, CBbc and citv. Fairly standard kids channels. They should suffice for the kids. I just can't accept the principle, of yeah I spend my some of my benefits on sky, amd go to a food bank which is free. Furthermore, if you are a parent, them surely you need to provide for your children, the first you do is make sure food is on the table, not pay for sky.

If you are newly unemployed then fine, I accept it's unreasonable to stop sky etc etc, but after years, you have too. The state is there to fund essentials, not luxury items
    There were two programmes on - which one are you talking about?

As for Sky - why not stop there - have them sell their TV. I hope for your sake there are no unemployed on the 'My £9.50 Holiday' show.

BTW - that isn't how most Foodbanks operate. Need is assessed in most cases by independent organisations and agents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were two programmes on - which one are you talking about?

As for Sky - why not stop there - have them sell their TV. I hope for your sake there are no unemployed on the 'My £9.50 Holiday' show.

BTW - that isn't how most Foodbanks operate. Need is assessed in most cases by independent organisations and agents.

I'm talking about the nick hewer one. Thursday 9pm bbc1.

With food banks, on their show it spoke to the one this family went too, it said it never rejected anyone, so assumed it was all same. Take that point back.

As you say, tvs can entertain children. Plenty of cheap ones out there with free view, plus if you did have one before benefits, no need to sell but there is a need to cut out the luxuries like sky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    I'm talking about the nick hewer one. Thursday 9pm bbc1.

With food banks, on their show it spoke to the one this family went too, it said it never rejected anyone, so assumed it was all same. Take that point back.

As you say, tvs can entertain children. Plenty of cheap ones out there with free view, plus if you did have one before benefits, no need to sell but there is a need to cut out the luxuries like sky
    You may think it stupid, but there are parents that will personally go without food so that their children can at least have some semblance of luxury - even if it is only a poxy £26 a month watching Sky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regard to Foodbanks, you can't just turn up at them, and most don't have the resources to assess need, they rely on approved referral agents. Without a form from them, you won't receive help from most Foodbanks. If you could just turn up, they'd be overrun and run out of stock in no time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regard to Foodbanks, you can't just turn up at them, and most don't have the resources to assess need, they rely on approved referral agents. Without a form from them, you won't receive help from most Foodbanks. If you could just turn up, they'd be overrun and run out of stock in no time.
    Maybe it's not a government food bank then, just some kind woman running it, I'll have to rematch it to check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of sitting the kids in front of the TV they should study. Make something of themselves and get out of the benefit scrounging cesspit they were born into.

Allowing them to just sit there watching TV only keeps the cycle going.

Also instead of cash, coupons should be given so only the essentials can be bought. No booze/fags/holidays/Sky etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Instead of sitting the kids in front of the TV they should study. Make something of themselves and get out of the benefit scrounging cesspit they were born into.

Allowing them to just sit there watching TV only keeps the cycle going.

Also instead of cash, coupons should be given so only the essentials can be bought. No booze/fags/holidays/Sky etc.
    You are such a loser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)