User Tag List

Page 317 of 439 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Watched it all at the time, haven't seen it since.
    If you're interested in The Beatles I can recommend their biography by Hunter Davies. Very detailed and gives a lot of insight into their backgrounds and history.
    Always have been a big fan, but not really listened to their stuff for a very long time. The new doc has got me back into them. Will look at book on Amazon cheers, always love a good music read.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Urgh. Might if it was on at a reasonable time.
    But I'd still have to watch Trump for ages
    Trump is my guiltiest of pleasures, appropriately like his name it's akin to letting rip when no one else is around

He's pure entertainment, what makes him even more so is that despite his clear incoherence and half wittedness he still manages to be a demagogue.

Of course he's not actually stupid, he's just ignorant....his sole contribution in politics to this point has been to donate to campaigns....and what's more he's fully aware he's ignorant and knows he hasn't had to do anything about it.

He's arrogant enough not to care if he's elected president, he believes the positional is ceremonial and that he will go around like a movie star whilst other people do the graft.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I don't have any more time for Hilary Clinton than NQ does on the other hand, her and her husband are essentially political racketeers looking for donations to their favourite charity....themselves. He has the glib and superficial charm that all sociopaths have, but Hilary lacks as much in the way of charisma as she does moral fibre.

Both sides have picked terrible candidates, the difference is Trump is stratospherically awful and his elections could have profoundly bad global consequences....yes I know he won't have any real decision making when it comes to policy but essentially any diplomatic threads between America with both its allies and it's foes could be irreparably severed by having this irresponsible parasite in office.

Whilst I think it's a profound shame that the democrats couldn't come up with a better candidate than Clinton (no Bernie Sanders doesn't count, I like the guy but he's about as presidential as me) it's obvious to me that this woman as contemptuous as I am of her is the only sane choice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to find him quite entertaining but now I just find him bloody scary because there is a real danger he could actually become president and that scares the hell out of me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sides have picked terrible candidates, the difference is Trump is stratospherically awful and his elections could have profoundly bad global consequences....yes I know he won't have any real decision making when it comes to policy but essentially any diplomatic threads between America with both its allies and it's foes could be irreparably severed by having this irresponsible parasite in office.
    Nonsense. It was the American people who picked these shining examples of leadership. Just as we do in our own fine and upstanding democracy.

Fantasy aside, this could be very funny TV. Looking forward to it more than a footie match.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to find him quite entertaining but now I just find him bloody scary because there is a real danger he could actually become president and that scares the hell out of me.

Which bit scares you? Do you think he might hand the global economy to crooked banksters so they can pillage the planet? Or maybe trump up evidence against a foreign nation and then go and murder a good part of their population? Or hand control of our food over to Monsanto? Or sabre rattle and provoke the Chinese and Russians? Or fund uprisings across the globe? Or write in policies that allow big business to blanket the planet in polluted filth?

It would be real scary if he did shit like that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the pilot of that thing with Jack Bauer in it, Designated something or other.

Paint by numbers, monotonous predictability but I suppose I'll watch it in the hope it can't help itself and turns into the next instalment of 24.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could never do any of the things he's waffled on about anyway. He's just the most extreme version of any other politician that promises a bunch of stuff but can never deliver. Power doesn't work like that because there are too many people involved and too many concessions made to placate those around them desperate for a piece of the pie. The guy has been boring for quite a while now, he needs to find a new act.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    The guy has been boring for quite a while now, he needs to find a new act.
    Sounds like some of the GW posters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like some of the GW posters.
    Init.
    Für eure Sicherheit