User Tag List

Page 318 of 439 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Watched Trumpton vs HRC debate (not live as that would be ridiculous)

It shows the depth to which political discourse has fallen

Trump looked as out of place on that stage as David James did about ten years ago when he played up front for Manchester City

I've always felt he has a point worth making when it comes to free trade deals, but I'd trust him to re negotiate those deals about as much as I'd trust Ian Watkins to babysit my nephew.

Clinton was Clinton, I think the event played into her hands and she knew she didn't have to give much of a performance just stay calm and allow Trump to look unbalanced.

However we might well see a clamour for change that runs so deep that Americans will take the chance with a thin skinned, unbalanced crook over a more conventional political crook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can expect childishness from Trump but he actually ended up perched on the high ground, not through his own efforts but due to the Clinton creature digging so deeply. I'd assume anyone who saw that spectacle now has a clue, or at least a nagging doubt, about what politics is and how it works.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from you, obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Apart from you, obviously.
    In case you thought I was referring to you, I wan't. I was referring to the average American voter. It wouldn't dawn on me to assume you'd have a clue about any topic you blunder into.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    what does he have the high ground on? Apart from free trade movements

His answer to accusations of tax malfeasance was "because i'm smart", his response to issues of cyber crime and cyber terrorism is talking about how good his ten year old is with computers.

The problem with wanting politics different from usual is that it's often advocated by the worst kind of people - Trump, Corbyn, Farage, Le Pen.

Is mainstream politics corrupt, stale, plagued by special interests? Absolutely. But don't think you are going to win me over by telling me what the problem is because i already know, and don't think you are going to win me over by offering only a handful of dust.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    In case you thought I was referring to you, I wan't. I was referring to the average American voter. It wouldn't dawn on me to assume you'd have a clue about any topic you blunder into.
    Is the truce over then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    what does he have the high ground on? Apart from free trade movements

His answer to accusations of tax malfeasance was "because i'm smart", his response to issues of cyber crime and cyber terrorism is talking about how good his ten year old is with computers.

The problem with wanting politics different from usual is that it's often advocated by the worst kind of people - Trump, Corbyn, Farage, Le Pen.

Is mainstream politics corrupt, stale, plagued by special interests? Absolutely. But don't think you are going to win me over by telling me what the problem is because i already know, and don't think you are going to win me over by offering only a handful of dust.
    I'm not talking policies, the policies of both candidates are clear enough. Self enrichment. And high ground is a relative term. Trump may be in the sewer but Clinton can go much deeper and she did. The hypocrisy of this woman stuns the brain. I almost felt sorry for her at some points because even she has to know how ridiculous her position has become. A criminal preaching law and order. A racketeer lecturing on the economy. A proven incompetent (to put a kind face on it) explaining the virtues of security. Politics has always been an ugly business but rarely, if ever, have we seen a candidate as gruesome as Clinton stake a claim for front row at the trough. Trump may be no alternative at all, but the prospect of a deviant as extreme as Clinton opening the door for her menagerie of serpents to slither into office should be an alarm call for anyone who doesn't want to see this species slide deeper into the shitter. But, as always, we'll have to wait for the inevitable consequences until some bright spark pipes up with that tired old stock phrase, "Never again."
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the truce over then?
    A truce has at least two parties bound by it. Over the last week all you have done is initiate sniping contests. Nobody has been running around the place saying Letters this or Letters that. So what's provoking it is unknown.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm not talking policies, the policies of both candidates are clear enough. Self enrichment. And high ground is a relative term. Trump may be in the sewer but Clinton can go much deeper and she did. The hypocrisy of this woman stuns the brain. I almost felt sorry for her at some points because even she has to know how ridiculous her position has become. A criminal preaching law and order. A racketeer lecturing on the economy. A proven incompetent (to put a kind face on it) explaining the virtues of security. Politics has always been an ugly business but rarely, if ever, have we seen a candidate as gruesome as Clinton stake a claim for front row at the trough. Trump may be no alternative at all, but the prospect of a deviant as extreme as Clinton opening the door for her menagerie of serpents to slither into office should be an alarm call for anyone who doesn't want to see this species slide deeper into the shitter. But, as always, we'll have to wait for the inevitable consequences until some bright spark pipes up with that tired old stock phrase, "Never again."
    I think whilst we agree that they are both low, i think we disagree on their respective positions in the sewer

As i started earlier Clinton and Clinton exist for the purpose of self-enrichment so on that level they occupy the same festering quagmire that Trump inhabits

The difference to me is the damage they can do to their countries, i don't think America is especially thriving but in my view Obama has been better for the American people than any Republican president or the former Clinton.....and Clinton offers a continuation of that and to boot ordinary American citizens like my family might find themselves financially better off on a minimum wage and may not end up bankrupt through pharmaceutical costs like they run the risk of at the moment (my aunt who died over there from MS was always living on a thin line because of the costs of medication, even though she was on her husband's health insurance plan)

Trump offers the biggest self-marketing tour the world has ever seen, a project of self-aggrandisement based on making the lives of individuals harder because they look or sound different, whatever i think of Clinton's honesty (not a lot) i think this guy will codify fabrications, double standards and contradictions.
    And will look to be Reagan on steroids by giving away pointless tax give-aways to people that need it the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to find him quite entertaining but now I just find him bloody scary because there is a real danger he could actually become president and that scares the hell out of me.

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.