User Tag List

Page 326 of 439 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty accurate to the comics as well.

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also:

Abraham doesn't die here in the comic, so when he got the bat, I though Glenn was safe. Shows what I know.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess they did that to keep people who read the comics guessing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched it.

Pretty good. Interesting to see how Rick comes back from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I guess they did that to keep people who read the comics guessing.
    Yeah I had a feeling it would go the way it did. I haven't read the comics but I understand the show has followed it fairly well, so they have to do some things to keep people guessing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Theroux Savile doc is worth a watch, reflects back on his first doc 16 years ago and asks why he didn't pick up on the obvious signs then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    The Theroux Savile doc is worth a watch, reflects back on his first doc 16 years ago and asks why he didn't pick up on the obvious signs then.
    Watching it now.

Staggering that he was allowed to get away with it. Rewarded, even.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Yeah, I saw that.

Looking back...how the hell didn't he get caught? Some of the footage, in the light of all the accusations, is so creepy.
    It's like one of his victims said, "It's so obvious, why didn't you (meaning Theroux) see it"
    And the obvious answer, as he said is it's like a quiz: it's obvious when you know the answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah, I saw that.

Looking back...how the hell didn't he get caught? Some of the footage, in the light of all the accusations, is so creepy.
    It's like one of his victims said, "It's so obvious, why didn't you (meaning Theroux) see it"
    And the obvious answer, as he said is it's like a quiz: it's obvious when you know the answer.
    That example sums it up perfectly. Quite revealing seeing the collateral damage caused amongst those that worked with him on charities, feeling as if their memories have been robbed after decades of commitment. His assistant living in deep denial over the allegations, as it would probably bring her career and life's work crashing down around her ears too. Obviously the victims stories are just horrific. He had a forceful charisma that ensured he kept his secrets pretty much to himself and fooled so many for so long, his years of media work keeping the real Savile hidden away. That small bit of film where he talks like a small time gangster about the 60's and not getting arrested for beating some people down was very illuminating - as Theroux said, possibly the only moment on film where we get a glimpse of what he was really like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Just watched it.

Pretty good. Interesting to see how Rick comes back from this.
    I was broken at the end of that episode. They did a great job directing that episode. Felt a mix of emotions watching. Dread, fear, excitement, disgust.... they really delivered.