User Tag List

Page 328 of 439 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    More of a TNG man, myself
    TNG is good, it's just a little too preachy at times

Jean Luc Picard has an inspiring moral speech up his sleeve for every single occasion.

It's like Aaron Sorkin was part of the script team.

Also what is it with making him french?....Patrick Stewart is a very good actor but he's about as convincing a frenchman as i am a leprechaun. French people don't drink Earl Grey Tea!!!!
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 28-10-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earl Grey is fucking gross.

Like drinking pot pourri.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I try and avoid anything other than Assam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    TNG is good, it's just a little too preachy at times

Jean Luc Picard has an inspiring moral speech up his sleeve for every single occasion.

It's like Aaron Sorkin was part of the script team.

Also what is it with making him french?....Patrick Stewart is a very good actor but he's about as convincing a frenchman as i am a leprechaun. French people don't drink Earl Grey Tea!!!!
    Was he supposed to be French? I thought it was just a name like Matt Le Blanc!

Either way, it's set in the future. I'm sure it could have all been explained. In Starship Troopers, the main characters were supposed to be from Argentina Buenos Aires.

Not a Star Trek guy but would watch a eps of TNG sometimes. A new series for TV could be interesting. But I'm more of a Battlestar Galatica remake fan. Worth a watch if you haven't seen them.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Was he supposed to be French? I thought it was just a name like Matt Le Blanc!

Either way, it's set in the future. I'm sure it could have all been explained. In Starship Troopers, the main characters were supposed to be from Argentina Buenos Aires.

Not a Star Trek guy but would watch a eps of TNG sometimes. A new series for TV could be interesting. But I'm more of a Battlestar Galatica remake fan. Worth a watch if you haven't seen them.
    No he was definitely French, he had a brother and a nephew in France (also with remarkably English accents), there is also an episode where Picard has hallucination where he sees his mother and refers to her as "Ma mere" and occasionally swears in French.

Ha I forgot that about Starship Troopers.

I've heard good things about the Battlestar Galactica remake, one day will have to get round to giving it a watch. I think Paramount are going to do their own streaming service which will include a new Star Trek franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed BSG.

Lost it's way towards the end but still #decent
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    More of a TNG man, myself
    More of a T 'n A man myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    No he was definitely French, he had a brother and a nephew in France (also with remarkably English accents), there is also an episode where Picard has hallucination where he sees his mother and refers to her as "Ma mere" and occasionally swears in French.

Ha I forgot that about Starship Troopers.

I've heard good things about the Battlestar Galactica remake, one day will have to get round to giving it a watch. I think Paramount are going to do their own streaming service which will include a new Star Trek franchise.
    It's the distant future. They could all have English accents in France. Maybe the English invaded after Brexit and war broke out. It's a world with an Intergalactic Federation. Aliens speak English, man! Anything is possible.

Battlestar is worth watching. It's a great series.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It's the distant future. They could all have English accents in France. Maybe the English invaded after Brexit and war broke out. It's a world with an Intergalactic Federation. Aliens speak English, man! Anything is possible.

Battlestar is worth watching. It's a great series.
    No self-respecting Englishman should claim to be French!!!!!

They originally cast a French Canadian to play Janeway in terrible Voyager, but in early filming she just turned out to be so wooden and awful plus she said she didn't want the commitment so they mutually parted and cast the woman who now plays a Russian in Orange is the New Black (which i have watched and is pretty good despite the main character just being totally awful and annoying).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Voyager.