User Tag List

Page 330 of 439 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah it wasn't great. They've done this a lot in the past, where they follow up a highly charged and emotional episode with something at completely the other end of the spectrum.
    They really need to cut it out. I get there are new plots and characters they need to introduce but if they’re going shift tempo, at least make it a good episode with some sort of development. It was always going to be hard to follow up with the last episode but a complete detour with a boring episode just hurts the series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    They really need to cut it out. I get there are new plots and characters they need to introduce but if they’re going shift tempo, at least make it a good episode with some sort of development. It was always going to be hard to follow up with the last episode but a complete detour with a boring episode just hurts the series.
    Tbf they are constrained by the comic book plot so they are a bit fucked when it comes to episodes like these. In the end though it's getting dull. Only so much you can do with the even bigger baddie/ goodie story arc and they have played it to death. Fairly obvious where it is going, all the goodies team up against the baddies and we eventually reach the scene where Rick gets payback against Negan. But hasn't this happened before? Yes I know it's a zombie apocalypse setting so realism in relative, but there was more realism in the early series and now it has tripped off towards a fantasy plot. And the zombies are pretty irrelevant now, they turn up and get chopped up with a yawn. That scene where Risk is thrown outside the trailer to fight off the zombie hordes, in the earlier seasons he wouldn't have stood a chance.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is GoT back? And Better Caul Saul? And House of Cards? That's when TV starts again.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    When is GoT back? And Better Caul Saul? And House of Cards? That's when TV starts again.
    House of Cards usually comes out February/March time

No idea about the others, probably at some point next year.....still half way through the first series with Better Call Saul, i really liked it but got waylaid into watching something else and never went back to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Tbf they are constrained by the comic book plot so they are a bit fucked when it comes to episodes like these. In the end though it's getting dull. Only so much you can do with the even bigger baddie/ goodie story arc and they have played it to death. Fairly obvious where it is going, all the goodies team up against the baddies and we eventually reach the scene where Rick gets payback against Negan. But hasn't this happened before? Yes I know it's a zombie apocalypse setting so realism in relative, but there was more realism in the early series and now it has tripped off towards a fantasy plot. And the zombies are pretty irrelevant now, they turn up and get chopped up with a yawn. That scene where Risk is thrown outside the trailer to fight off the zombie hordes, in the earlier seasons he wouldn't have stood a chance.
    To a degree, they are constrained by the comics, but yesterdays episode was just garbage. Not just the plot or intro of new characters and surroundings, it's more to do with script and directing. It went from hot to cold too quickly and they should have dealt with the aftermath of ep 1 and focused on Rick's camp. Or at least switch between the two camps and not focus fully on Carol and Stickman Sol.

But you're right about it getting old. Seen it all before. Only so much they can drag this 'losing our humanity' story out. I didn't even mind series 2 when it changed pace because I could see the build up and conflict. But not sure where else they can go from here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Young Pope. Second episode in and Jude Law is bloody brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weiner documentary showing in a minute on BBC4, not overly political, more a character profile of a guy you want to root for but he does everything imaginable to make it impossible. Probably been chosen by Storyville as not out too long ago and of course Weiner's wife's direct links to the Clinton campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planet Earth II.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Planet Earth II.
    Not seen the original, I've spoken to people who have seen both and think they are amazing

I don't tend to watch much TV, been watching Black Mirror from the beginning on Netflix....it seems abundantly clear that Charlie Brooker like myself does not hold human beings in high esteem.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planet Earth II.
    The Iguana section.

Respectively.