User Tag List

Page 427 of 439 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that the Invincibles one?
    I mean, I loved it but I’m not sure non-Arsenal fans would be that interested.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Is that the Invincibles one?
    I mean, I loved it but I’m not sure non-Arsenal fans would be that interested.
    I get what you mean actually. I usually like watching anything non-Liverpool related (e.g. the Simeone doc is brilliant) but it was a bit of a struggle.

And that's from someone that whilst obviously not an Arsenal fan, I grew up watching those Arsenal teams and loved them. If nothing else, you were the rival to United which automatically means you're on the side of good against bad.

I think the main thing I took from it was the bitter sense of regret he has, which is sad. Even he looks back on the post-Highbury times with sadness because it does overshadow everything he did before. And what he did before was wonderous. But he held on for too long, held on for a time which was never coming back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozark

Holy shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqiri Is Boss View Post
    I get what you mean actually. I usually like watching anything non-Liverpool related (e.g. the Simeone doc is brilliant) but it was a bit of a struggle.

And that's from someone that whilst obviously not an Arsenal fan, I grew up watching those Arsenal teams and loved them. If nothing else, you were the rival to United which automatically means you're on the side of good against bad.

I think the main thing I took from it was the bitter sense of regret he has, which is sad. Even he looks back on the post-Highbury times with sadness because it does overshadow everything he did before. And what he did before was wonderous. But he held on for too long, held on for a time which was never coming back.
    Yeah. The saddest thing is how much the man loved our club, and the extent to which he felt betrayed at how it all ended...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger faced his failures and admitted as much. That doesn't repair his failures, which were painful in a kind of trivial way compared with what life can actually dish up. But, in that limited context, he's been big enough to admit his failures and that goes a long way with me. People make mistakes. Lots of mistakes. More mistakes than smart choices, usually. Trouble is, Wenger set himself up as a God, based on glory on the pitch. So his failures seemed magnitudes larger when they came.I guess we all suffered his fall from the peak in our own ways. I hated the bloke for compromising on the purity of what he'd achieved. But time heals all wounds and when a penitent man asks for understanding it's only a bitter man that denies him.

Me and Wenger are good again. Somebody tell him because he might have missed it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better Call Saul.

Phenominal
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Better Call Saul.

Phenominal
    I’ve heard. We had a bit of a backlog of shoes so not got to it yet.
    On our list. There’s a new series of Russian Doll which I’d like to see.
    Bit skeptical about it as the first series was self contained and not sure it lends itself to a second but will give it a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better Call Saul.

Phenominal
    Unfortunately I have to agree with the bastard on this occasion. There's not an ounce of woke in this show. Only unorthodox, sometimes painful to the point of nail scraping, storytelling. Characters and development. Which means characters you care about.

It's kind of the exact opposite to Dr Who.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fantastic. Terrifying.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fantastic. Terrifying.
    Saw the first episode last week. Fucking mega
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.