User Tag List

Page 434 of 439 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I suspect only Letters will be in agreement with me here but that was majestic. No one does Pomp & ceremony like the brits. A flawless send off to a great Queen.

It was the moment they lifted the crown off her coffin that really signified the end for me. Before that, you always knew there was another event to follow such as funeral or procession to Windsor etc.
    What a fuckin poof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    House of the Dragon.

Fucking great.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    What a fuckin poof

Not that there’s anything wrong with that of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally watched that Dahmer series

I feel the reviews are a bit harsh because those writing the reviews don’t want to like it because they don’t think we should like how serial killers are treated with macabre fascination. And I think to be honest they are right…it’s weird how much fascination western society takes in these kind of murderers.

However I do think when you are reviewing something you should review the quality of the content and not whether you think that content should exist. They all praise the episode which brings one of his victims to life (in terms of not turning them into one dimensional cannon fodder which these type of dramas are prone to do)
    But even then it’s about putting a black deaf gay guy front and centre so they like it because Tony Hughes ticks off a load of diversity boxes rather than treating the person anymore like a human being with their own hopes and dreams anymore than Dahmer himself did.
    It’s hard to tell whether Hughes and Dahmer had the emotional connection that the series suggests they did because the only two people that could verify or deny that claim are dead.
    I think whilst far from perfect, it was a compelling watch…although there is obviously a lot of mention of the grisly nature of what Dahmer did to his victims pre and post mortem, it doesn’t want to dwell on that to the same forensic degree as documentaries I’ve watched about him go into.
    It’s also at pains to point out that Dahmer’s victims extend beyond those who he killed and for whom he instead inadvertently destroyed their lives, such as his neighbour who repeatedly reported the smells and sounds coming from his apartment only to be ignored, the lives of the loved ones grieving and having to fight legal battles to get some kind of justice and to an extent his own family and his father’s futile attempts to save his son from himself.
    It does come down heavily on the whole racist aspect that somehow Dahmer wouldn’t have been able to get away for as long with what he did if more of his victims were white.
    However it also makes the point that his first victim was only discovered when Dahmer himself confessed to it and told them where he was buried, as well as stating that homophobia was as much a factor in the police’s unhelpful attitude as racism. That and an institution that prizes protecting its own over doing the right thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better Call Saul

Completed it, mate.
    I thought it was great. Didn't end how I expected. As well as being really well written and acted, the direction is fantastic. It looks so good and the shot choices keep you constantly engaged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Better Call Saul

Completed it, mate.
    I thought it was great. Didn't end how I expected. As well as being really well written and acted, the direction is fantastic. It looks so good and the shot choices keep you constantly engaged.
    Wholeheartedly agree.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better Call Saul is phenominal
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Better Call Saul is phenominal
    It's phenomenal as well.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fee nominal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t got round to watching the last series yet, don’t know why as I have genuinely enjoyed what I’ve seen of BCS so far…actually prefer it to Breaking Bad