User Tag List

Page 436 of 439 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 4384

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 Rock

How am I just seeing this?
    Also, Katrina Bowden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Traitors

People kept banging on about this so thought I’d have a look.
    Really enjoyed it. The final was great. Didn’t end how I thought it would.
    Great concept and well executed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Valley

Very good. All the series of this have been great, the last one wrapped things up pretty nicely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wednesday.

It was alright. That's about it really, not sure what the fuss is about, it's nothing special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started watching True Detective yesterday….onto the fifth episode of the first season

Matthew McConaughey’s character……properly edgy as fuck. Complete nihilist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You"

Season 4. Wasn't as good as the previous series anyway and then they really jumped the shark by

Going full Fight Club

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not Netflix.

No more sharing between households.

Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched it mainly over Lunch but Question Time which I had incredibly low expectations of but actually was pleasantly surprised.

Despite the attempts to vox pop the audience with clips on twitter this morning I actually thought most of the audience asked reasonable and sensible questions.

Ben Habib is a crank, he’s like one of those “real communism has never been tried” nutters over Brexit

Alaistair Campbell is a hypocrite to point the finger at other people for telling porkies. He did make a few reasonable points though

Jenny Chapman is utterly vapid, she essentially was a microcosm of the reason why Labour hasn’t sealed the deal with the electorate

John Redwood like with Campbell you kind of know what to expect, he’s a cheerleader for Brexit so he’s always going to champion it. Fair play really

Anand Menon is the person who I think the BBC should have invited on long before now, he’s interested in why people voted to leave, he’s able to say what the downsides and what potential benefits are…he doesn’t get into self aggrandising waffle or political pontification….he cuts through the bullshit and makes sharp, concise and intelligent points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am one of those statistical aberrations, someone who voted Remain in 2016 who would not vote to Rejoin in any hypothetical referendum. It’s not a hard no, it’s just a fuck Remainers absolute cunts, and I’m heavily skeptical of tethering ourselves to an organisation that shows no realisation that it’s not the same world it was even ten years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Mirror which as Anthology shows go I’ve felt has always been overrated.

This series seems to have a bit more purpose about it than previous ones

The stand out episodes are Beyond the Sea set in an alternative 1960s which includes cultural references to the Manson family but deals with subjects such as isolation and loneliness.

Then there is Demon 79 set in a fictional Yorkshire town in 1979 leading up to the general election that would see Margaret Thatcher and the Tories come to power, with vague references to the Yorkshire ripper murders (but turned on its head…so male victims of a female killer) but also issues of racial tension, but made as a dark but almost campy B-Movie horror that would be shown in the cinema as a double feature. It stands out because it’s the only Black Mirror story not revolving around the theme of technological dystopia.