User Tag List

Page 397 of 439 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4383

Thread: What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Finished Star Trek Picard.

It wasn't very good, I think.
    Think I’ve seen 3 of them.
    Thought it was ok but I haven’t bothered to watch more.
    Hasn’t really grabbed me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Think I’ve seen 3 of them.
    Thought it was ok but I haven’t bothered to watch more.
    Hasn’t really grabbed me.
    Obviously Patrick Stewart is great but the rest is the cast is shit and the story is dumb.

Discovery is better.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what the kids cunts would call a hot take, I'm declaring The Mandalorian main theme to be at least as good as, if not better than, the Game Of Thrones title music.

It's a mix of the Rocky theme + little bit Morricone + some standard John Williams + strangely, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very on-point for the overall Western theme. It's very good.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of which, Better Call Saul is every bit as good as Breaking Bad was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best show on TV right now. Clever writing, brilliant characters.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very on-point for the overall Western theme. It's very good.
    I didn't feel the need to watch it as soon as it aired last year, so I'm only half way through so far.

I like that it feels like sci-fi/adventure programmes of the 60s/70s, although obviously it has more of an overarching story which is expected.

Episode 4 also felt like a big budget version of Hercules/Xena/Star Trek/Stargate. When shows often had a bigger storyline simmering in the background, but throughout the run you had enough standalone stories which were sort of 'mission of the week'. Just an unpretentious 40 minutes of escapism.

The Witcher also had that same air of daft fun for some episodes, but was bogged down by too much exposition and the odd timeline thing.

With the Mandalorian, it so far has that lean Western tone it's going for but also feels like a picture book or silent movie with the occassional dialogue. It's closer to Wallace and Gromit or Wall-E, in that you could watch it just visually and still get a similar experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't call it overrated because I hate that term, but Breaking Bad was no more than a solid crime drama that was elevated by a great lead performance. It's pretty standard stuff that's been done with more nuance and better writing in various films and shows before and after.

Not to say that it wasn't a decent ride while it lasted.

Is Better Call Saul much different or does it tread similar territory?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    I won't call it overrated because I hate that term, but Breaking Bad was no more than a solid crime drama that was elevated by a great lead performance. It's pretty standard stuff that's been done with more nuance and better writing in various films and shows before and after.

Not to say that it wasn't a decent ride while it lasted.

Is Better Call Saul much different or does it tread similar territory?
    It's similar in that it follows the transformation of the main character from a mundane individual through to a markedly different, almost polar opposite. But the support characters are also very well written and have credible but intertwined arcs. It's not as dark as BB, though it can be equally dark in places. It has a comedic, slightly tragic strain running through it. Can be slow at times, but the accelerates in all directions. Could be one of those shows you either love or hate. It's the only TV show I actively want to watch, compared to the rest which I watch because there's nothing else on.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last episode of Arrow tonight.