User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So its official: Henry was a much better player for Arsenal than Bergkamp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post
    Bit unfair old bean
    Not unlike the OP.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by server too busy! View Post
    This thread is ridiculously shit. Both were awesome players. The. End.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by server too busy! View Post
    This thread is ridiculously shit. Both were awesome players. The. End.
    yes but some were more awesome than others.

also some didnt refuse to play in certain away games that werent driving distance away and some did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    yes but some were more awesome than others.

also some didnt refuse to play in certain away games that werent driving distance away and some did.
    Some refused to see out their playing careers with us too
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a shame - I would've picked Bergkamp as the third statue. For a start, it shouldn't even be about who the better player is, it's who the greater Arsenal legend is. Even if I was going on the better player, I'd pick Bergkamp - but then again, I probably place a disproportionate weight on factors like class, loyalty and technique as opposed to physical strengths like pace and power. Henry was a likely pick I suppose - Equal opportunities act and all that.

(Sorry, just evening things out...a bit like the equal opportunities act, I suppose).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntos Claus View Post
    That's a shame - I would've picked Bergkamp as the third statue. For a start, it shouldn't even be about who the better player is, it's who the greater Arsenal legend is. Even if I was going on the better player, I'd pick Bergkamp - but then again, I probably place a disproportionate weight on factors like class, loyalty and technique as opposed to physical strengths like pace and power. Henry was a likely pick I suppose - Equal opportunities act and all that.

(Sorry, just evening things out...a bit like the equal opportunities act, I suppose).
    I'd have picked Bergkamp, purely because, out of all the males on this planet, he is the only man I would ever sleep with.

No homo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoeLDG View Post
    Some refused to see out their playing careers with us too
    its easy to be loyal to one of the greatest sides english football will ever see. its like when people go on about neville, giggs, raul being loyal one-club men. yeah, no shyt.

bergkamp flopped in italy so probably thought he'd flop in spain too. he had nowhere to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntos Claus View Post

henrys technique was more impressive than bergkamps. its easy to look proficient when youre doing everything at 2mph. give me 6 weeks an id bake the best looking cake youve ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    henrys technique was more impressive than bergkamps. its easy to look proficient when youre doing everything at 2mph. give me 6 weeks an id bake the best looking cake youve ever seen.
    If it's easy to do, it's easy to defend against. But he wasn't easy to defend against. Not sure what the quality of first touch has to do speed anyway - unless he was asking his teammates to launch those 50 yard passes slower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bergkamp.

Awf...

Nah, can't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me 6 weeks an id bake the best looking cake youve ever seen.
    How exciting.