User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Everton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turned what should have been a 5-0 in to a nervy 1-0.

A win is a win though.

Arsenal .

Koscielny was pretty awesome again, as was Szczesny who took their pub team hoofs out of the air every time.

Song .

RVP .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Not so sure about getting hammered. Everton wasn't really opening us up. For once, I'd say we don't have to worry about the defence. As usual, we're depending on RVP for goals and Song/Theo for assists. Ramsey needs to contribute more from the middle and I'd say the same for Arteta.
    Yeah to be fair to the defence they've improved a fair bit recently (although I still worry about Djourou) The lack of creativity from midfield is a problem though. Song's meant to be the defensive midfielder but he seems to be the only one trying to carve open the opposition defence. Arteta especially needs to do more, because at the moment I don't see what he's contributing tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to sleep on this and come up with a response in the morrow. . .but happy with the win, someone said 22 points out of last 24, cant be bad. . .tiugh away games appriaching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Yeah to be fair to the defence they've improved a fair bit recently (although I still worry about Djourou) The lack of creativity from midfield is a problem though. Song's meant to be the defensive midfielder but he seems to be the only one trying to carve open the opposition defence. Arteta especially needs to do more, because at the moment I don't see what he's contributing tbh.
    Arteta is a workman, a link, I just don't get why he's getting caned by so many. The guy is everywhere on the pitch, he plays the odd stinker of a ball but who doesn't? The point is, he helps us keep possession and you need the ball to do anything else. If we couldn't have Parker then this guy will do just fine. And he's not looking to leave at the end of the season, a big plus.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Chesney - best keeper in the league now.

Defence - very solid, unspectacular, businesslike, effective. What a fucking relief. Clean sheet!

Midfield - mixed, great ball by Song for the goal but he played twice as many bad ones. But they ran all game.

Attack - Poor, Theo and Gerv need to sort themselves out, always busy but crucial ball or decision making always wrong, RvP's worst game fo the season but he can still score that goal.

Moyes - over-rated.

Wenger - on we go. The guy could have collapsed but he didn't and here we are!

Webb - fuck off. Not as bad as usual but still stopped play for a boot. Must be having a gay affair with Coleman.
    Nothing wrong with attack IMO, the problem is our midfield is too static. Ramsey has been very poor (Arteta has been on and off). It baffled me why Wenger has never sub Ramsey or Arteta, it's always has to be either Gerv or Feo.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking full of Chamakh View Post
    Need to sleep on this and come up with a response in the morrow. . .but happy with the win, someone said 22 points out of last 24, cant be bad. . .tiugh away games appriaching
    Really? 22 out of 24. That's got to be up there with anyone else in the league. Who can complain about that?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xmw8m7

Even inspired the commentator to pick up some English. Fantastic strike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milla View Post
    Nothing wrong with attack IMO, the problem is our midfield is too static. Ramsey has been very poor (Arteta has been on and off). It baffled me why Wenger has never sub Ramsey or Arteta, it's always has to be either Gerv or Feo.
    Ramsey had a poor game, but it was the front three who messed up easy assists and chances today. It's their job to be clinical, not the midfield three's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Really? 22 out of 24. That's got to be up there with anyone else in the league. Who can complain about that?
    Welcome to Goonersweb!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and that looks goos atm. well, if it wasn't for spuds being second :O
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...ue-table.html/