User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Everton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Arteta is a workman, a link, I just don't get why he's getting caned by so many. The guy is everywhere on the pitch, he plays the odd stinker of a ball but who doesn't? The point is, he helps us keep possession and you need the ball to do anything else. If we couldn't have Parker then this guy will do just fine. And he's not looking to leave at the end of the season, a big plus.
    http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xmw5aa : Brilliant interception and pass by Arteta to create a clear opening. A simple pass from Theo to Ramsey and Ramsey'd have a tap-in.

Ramsey did something very similar when Gervinho was put through one-on-one.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xmw89x - great piece of skill and shot from Walcott..it goes in against Chelsea, but it didn't today.

The point being you can clearly see why the team picks itself atm. Everyone's doing their bit. Just because there's a mistake in finishing, Arteta's interception and pass through to Walcott isn't considered, and Ramsey's interception and pass to Gervinho isn't considered. Song's fantastic ball fell to Van Persie who finished a more difficult pass - so that's what sticks in the mind.

Solid performance all-round...but care needed in finishing off openings but otherwise good stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drunken santa View Post
    and that looks goos atm. well, if it wasn't for spuds being second :O
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...ue-table.html/
    Fuck them, even other pub teams like Hull were 2nd at one point. We'll see how it maps out at the end of the season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta is a workman, a link, I just don't get why he's getting caned by so many. The guy is everywhere on the pitch, he plays the odd stinker of a ball but who doesn't? The point is, he helps us keep possession and you need the ball to do anything else. If we couldn't have Parker then this guy will do just fine. And he's not looking to leave at the end of the season, a big plus.
    If that's his contribution...fine. We need workers. But he needs to add more to his game in the future because Frimpong and Coquelin are looking for first team opportunities and I think they'll get his spot in the near future. If he worked hard and had a creative edge to his game, his spot would be safe for few years. But I think Frimpong and Coquelin work their socks off as well and could possibly add more energy. Song's spot is safe but I can't say the same for Ramsey and Arteta. We will see whose dropped when JW is fit.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Spuds are third, anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    And Spuds are third, anyway.
    You see - they've already dropped a place. Shit team.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    If that's his contribution...fine. We need workers. But he needs to add more to his game in the future because Frimpong and Coquelin are looking for first team opportunities and I think they'll get his spot in the near future. If he worked hard and had a creative edge to his game, his spot would be safe for few years. But I think Frimpong and Coquelin work their socks off as well and could possibly add more energy. Song's spot is safe but I can't say the same for Ramsey and Arteta. We will see whose dropped when JW is fit.
    Okay, but a few months ago we were asking where the strength in depth was. Looks like we have it now. Sort of. Chamakh and all that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, but a few months ago we were asking where the strength in depth was. Looks like we have it now. Sort of. Chamakh and all that.
    I think we're spoiled for choice in the middle. Rosicky, Wilshere (when fit), Diaby (if fit), Coquelin, Frimpong, Benni could play there, and the Ox will end up as a central player in the future...

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw RVP's goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger: 'The problem in January is that we lose Chamakh and Gervinho but we have Arshavin and Chamberlain who can come in. We have Park as well, his adaptation period is over, we will see more of him as well'

'Adaptation period'

Now we must observe the waiting period once more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger said he was 'ready' to play after the League Cup game against Bolton.

Maybe he's been 'on the edge' in terms of fitness.

Ju may have been travelling with sweat rather than the needed petrol so far.