I've had your mum.
    You have bad taste in women..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought this was quite interesting:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/oform.html

In the form table (last eight games) we're joint top with Man City. We're also the second highest scorers behind them and only Liverpool have conceded less (7 and 5) in this period.

We also have six clean sheets this season, with only Man United and Swansea with more on seven.

I think it's fair to say our defence and the team's defending as a whole has been excellent recently. And that's with the constant moving of players in the back line and Sagna, Gibbs, Jenkinson and now Santos all out.

Of course City will be the biggest challenge so far, but one-man, haphazard, soft-centre Arsenal deserve some credit.
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 12-12-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City, easy 3 points for us. Wish we could play them every week.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall a pretty decent performance on Saturday but one of those frustrating games where it just wasn't happening for us and RvP was having an unusually poor game...then he came up with that goal out of nothing! Fantastic strike, great result. And then Spurs lost.

On we go.

Just seen City's home record in the league. Played 7. Won 7. Scored 24. Conceeded 4. Hold me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Song
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal.com
    "I should have shot," he said. "But the thing about me is that last week I squared it and we scored. I'm not lacking confidence. It could have hit anyone and it could have gone in.

"But I never dwell on chances. It was a mistake, I should have shot, but I won't dwell on it. If you keep on thinking about it then you won't have a very good game.

"In previous weeks that would have gone in after I'd put it in the middle. But the team won and that's the main thing.

"I've always enjoyed my football,” Walcott added. “The manager has got a lot of faith in me, doing the jobs forward and back as well.

“Hopefully I've got that right balance. I've been getting assists and now I need to get some goals in my game as well but that will come.

"If I want to be the player that I want to be, playing up front, then I need to be shooting on goal when I get in that position. I'm not too fussed about that though, as long as the team is winning."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...taken-the-shot
    Still has the dream of playing as a striker.

That'll happen when Charles becomes King tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something has changed with the club now, and i am loving it. i cant quite say what it is, but suddenly everyone loves being here, everyone loves playing for us and they all feel proud when they pull on the shirt. their attidue of throw everything you can at us, and we will not let you pass is brilliant. inspiring pride in everyone. how many games recently, have we been under pressure yet still won? its fucking brilliant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    something has changed with the club now, and i am loving it. i cant quite say what it is, but suddenly everyone loves being here, everyone loves playing for us and they all feel proud when they pull on the shirt. their attidue of throw everything you can at us, and we will not let you pass is brilliant. inspiring pride in everyone. how many games recently, have we been under pressure yet still won? its fucking brilliant
    Aye, there does seem to be something different now. The players look like they're playing for each other and for Wenger. They look like they get it, they actually get what it means to be playing for The Arsenal. It's great to see and if we end up trophyless again (quite likely, tbh) then it won't be for the want of effort. Trophies are nice but the end result of the season, while important, is not the only thing that matters. If it were so then we might as well all stop watching and just look up the league table in May. What also matters is the journey. Are the players working for each other? Are they doing all they can to win trophies? Do they get what it means to play for us? Right now I think the answer to all those questions is, largely, 'yes'. And that's good enough for me. I can take disappointments and setbacks if I feel we're doing all we can. The end of last season was so bitterly disappointing because they just seemed to give up and that's not good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    I agree, it seems the players know they have to play as a team, they want to win things and are working hard to do it. I also think that because were not expected to win much they have less pressure on them which is helping them play better unlike the last few seasons.

Its good to see them playing for Wenger, each other the fans and the shirt and those who did not want to be here are not here. thank feck we got rid of Nasri and Cesc tbh the sqaud look so balanced now hopefully we streghen in Jan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos' Little Helper (TPUKA Letters) View Post
    The end of last season was so bitterly disappointing because they just seemed to give up and that's not good enough.
    That's pretty much why the club reached its lowest ebb under Wenger. What happened for 6 months of this year was unforgivable, but it's just nice to go into games expecting to win again, we've turned it around and credit where it's due. Because of the nature of the league at the moment, there's a good chance we may not finish in a CL spot, but providing we don't roll over and die again, I think we should be able to look upon this year as a bit of progress at least.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 13-12-2011 at 12:38 PM.