User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timestamps on quotes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can have a look at the time stamp part... can't see it being too difficult, but who knows!

As for nested quotes, that's something that vbulletin have explicitly said no to in the past for their releases... so this would need some custom code...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofnn View Post
    I can have a look at the time stamp part... can't see it being too difficult, but who knows!

As for nested quotes, that's something that vbulletin have explicitly said no to in the past for their releases... so this would need some custom code...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Not wishing to complicate things too much but maybe restrict it to (say) 3 sets of quotes to avoid massive posts building up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, it's not going to be as easy as I thought!

I'm setting a new copy of the forum up, so that I can try to get some code written to do this...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been working on this for a bit, but it's not looking as though we can easily implement it.

The way VBulletin is written, it restricts the usage of nested quotes... any changes we make to the core code to change all that, has a high chance of being blown away with any updated we do to the forum (i.e. versions etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuses, excuses...

Agreed, vBulletin is a dog, albeit a powerful one. In cases like these it's often better to reason with the users and offer an alternative solution, such as - piss off and be grateful for what you have, cunts! That has always worked for me in the many, many short-lived IT support roles I have held.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Excuses, excuses...

Agreed, vBulletin is a dog, albeit a powerful one. In cases like these it's often better to reason with the users and offer an alternative solution, such as - piss off and be grateful for what you have, cunts! That has always worked for me in the many, many short-lived IT support roles I have held.
    I'm still having a look at the timestamps part... but the nested quotes looks like a no-no.