User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Right to go after Henry?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Again, Wenger is looking to get the cheapest option in, rather than focusing on long term needs.
    Wenger has constantly been criticised for buying kids rather than established players. That, surely, is him focusing on long term needs? Whatever he does you're going to find an excuse to criticise.

I'd be disappointed if Henry is the only thing we do in January as we clearly need more firepower up front and it wouldn't be the same Henry we've known and loved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos' Little Helper (TPUKA Letters) View Post
    Wenger has constantly been criticised for buying kids rather than established players. That, surely, is him focusing on long term needs? Whatever he does you're going to find an excuse to criticise.

I'd be disappointed if Henry is the only thing we do in January as we clearly need more firepower up front and it wouldn't be the same Henry we've known and loved.
    What I'm saying is that Henry's 34, so it's doubtful whether he can still be a force in the Premiership, having played at a lower level in the USA for a few years now. We should be aiming for strikers in the age range 24-27, who can come in and do a job from the off, and who are likely to offer real competition to RVP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I think we all agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those saying that this smacks of Wengerbiz. . .he hasnt said bringing in Henry would mean the non arrival of another long term striker. . .I mean there are a few names floating around that we would be stupid to not be associated with however. . .

Chamakh going to the ANC (hopefully via another club) would mean a loan move for Henry would not be enougheven with Ju in the mix.

Henry would provide great experience, even if it was on the training pitch more than anything else, the turn of the year is always a toigh time for us and to have the kind of wise head most have been screaming for around the club has plus plus plus written all over it (but of course its easier for some to use negative spin when expressing their opinion )

In all honesty I am sure if Wenger could have his way, this move (if it even happens) would have been kept secret for as long as possible but thay is impossible considering the names and history involved.

This would be a good move and I bet he contributes. . .but/and I doubt if Wenger thinks TH14is the answer for the future. . .I mean you haters do realise that Wenger knows that he can only have the guy for 2 months I ? I mean ge even said as much. . .

but I suppose you lot look for any scraps to use to fuel your short sighted hatred!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he would score more goals than the current bunch we have coming off the bench, so why not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, while the press speculate about Henry coming back for a couple of months, Wenger can get on with looking for the real striker without them blowing the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A proper striker is needed though. Id love to see Ba join, hes a cracking player. Hes going to the AOCN i believe, so I dont think hes an option in January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ba is eletric but wont be leaving Newcastle. . . .not unless we paid ridiculous money for him. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    As long as his arrival is complemented by someone like Podolski coming in.

When I think or hear about Henry I get excited every time. But it's the "old" Henry that I love. I can't judge him now as I've never watched him play for NY Red Bulls. Wenger, on the other hand, has seen him train with Arsenal and knows if he's fit or still good.
    Then again, I don't trust Wenger's decision making all the time .

I don't think it would harm anyone if he gets a loan deal. He knows the club, the game and the players.
    If we sign him and he doesn't have an impact will the fans' views of Henry change? I don't think so. Even after his move to Barca, most Arsenal fans were still of full praise of him.

What we need more than Henry is a good, experienced striker. I'm leaving out the word "world class" on purpose because we won't make a $$$$$$ signing à la City. And I'd prefer January over a summer signing as it takes a while for every player to settle down.

Time is running out!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a few years ago we werent sure wether signing sol campbell again was a good idea but he had been training with us for a while and wenger had watched him everyday and knew he was good enough and true enough he was, in fact he did so well, we wanted him to be with us for another season.

henry has this club in his heart and will give his all on the pitch that we can be sure off. would be a good move imo, it wont taint his legacy with us because the fans wont get on his back, plus he is a damsit better then chamkah or fat fuck off the bench. not a big watcher of mls, but every now and again on youtube henry pops up with goals that we all stood and applauded when he played with us. he still has it imo but wont produce it as much.

not a bad signing but as i saw on twitter earlier from a few journos, wenger seriously considering this and will bid for podolski.

when i heard the news we might sign him, it genuinly made me excited, love henry, true gooner and one i would love to see back in hte red and white at the club where he is king