User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Top four? No chance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt it funny how this squad, devoid of top quality is where it is, admittedly not top of the stack but putting up numbers that indicate we are one of the form teams in the PL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking full of Chamakh View Post
    Isnt it funny how this squad, devoid of top quality is where it is, admittedly not top of the stack but putting up numbers that indicate we are one of the form teams in the PL

Anyone would think football is a team game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    We'll buy but we won't buy top players. We're competing against Chelsea for the rest of the season and we need top quality.

Arteta, Santos, Merts are not top quality - they wouldn't even get into Tottenham's team.
    1 they are doing a job for us, this season thats alll that matters.

2 Who cares if they will get into spuds team, tells us nothing that does it, When did we worry about players geting into spuds team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 3 are done and sorted.

Between us, Chavs and Liverpool for 4th

Liverpool are shit, we arent much better and Chelsea will spend mega bucks in January so i agree with the OP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say the squad is devoid of top quality but I would say that we could do with a few more top quality additions to take us to the next level. I don't think anybody could put a case up to say we're better off now than we were last season. The facts are we've lost 1 world class player & 1 near to world class player and replaced them with inferior players.

Sure we've improved from our awful start this season, our current form on the whole is impressive, however I do think we're a RVP injury away from our season falling apart. We've not had to rely on one player as much as this since Thierry Henry back in 2005/2006.

I do feel we need to buy and I'm not talking about youth projects from league one or developing players from european leagues, we need real quality, they can be young ala Goetze or Hazard, but this team needs that star factor added in a few positions IMHO.
    Last edited by selassie; 28-12-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are you comparing us to? If it's the teams below us then yes, we have quality. If it's the teams above us then we're lacking in quality - no doubt about it.

Do you think our squad is good enough to overhaul Chelsea? I don't and come end of January it definitely won't be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie the Rednose Reindeer View Post
    1 they are doing a job for us, this season thats alll that matters.

2 Who cares if they will get into spuds team, tells us nothing that does it, When did we worry about players geting into spuds team.
    Well, yes, obviously they're doing a job for us but they're nothing special. I'm comparing them to Spuds because it shows how much quality we lack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AW will not buy (loans a maybe, signings for the always more important future a maybe).
    Our points tally for the 2nd half of the season will be similar or slightly less than what we have now.
    Thus we will only finish in the top 4 if someone collapses.

You can quote me if you want to at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Well, yes, obviously they're doing a job for us but they're nothing special. I'm comparing them to Spuds because it shows how much quality we lack.
    I'd rather they did a 'job for us' than were something 'special' not doing a job for us.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea of finishing above Chelsea is probably the toughest task we have. Even when they have been at their lowest ebb of Abramovich being there, they end up finishing above us. Having said that, I think if we were to finish fifth we'll probably do so with the record points total there has been, which I suppose you could consider unfortunate.