Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Top four? No chance!

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top four? No chance!

Don't care if I get called a spud! But what a fucking shit day for footy! We can't beat a fucking pub team with 26 shots on goal and 73 per cent of the play! And to make it worse the shit side of north London win again with ease! Wenger! Buy a striker and a decent midfielder you twat! FFS!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reasonably confident we'll finish in the top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashburton2006 View Post
    Don't care if I get called a spud! But what a fucking shit day for footy! We can't beat a fucking pub team with 26 shots on goal and 73 per cent of the play! And to make it worse the shit side of north London win again with ease! Wenger! Buy a striker and a decent midfielder you twat! FFS!!
    Back again. You only turn up when the team doesn't win. You never turn up to say well done all the other times we have had a good result. You just have to be a spud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to be tough but we have just as much chance as our rivals do.

Yesterday was a very poor result but it's not like we've got a mountain to climb. If you think we can win the league then yes by all means go nuts, because that's not happening for shit, but 4th place? Half the season to go and we're a point behind, there's everything to play for.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 28-12-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad. Pathetic. Spud.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntos Claus View Post
    I'm reasonably confident we'll finish in the top 4.
    I'm certain we've got the ability but the over-reliance on RvP is a concern if we don't strengthen in January.
    It's nonsense to say we have no chance.

Spurs are 5 points ahead of us with a game in hand.
    Exactly where they were in October. Their good run has been matched by ours.
    As I said in the match reaction thread, we've been away to all the top sides now. Spurs still have to go to City, Chelsea and come to the Emirates. That game will be key.

Long way to go yet, marathon not a sprint.

This thread is kneejerk bullshit from a poster we all associate with such threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it looks like a potato, smells like a potato and chips like a potato, it's a spud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pains me to say this but I think the Spuds are a shoe-in for top 4 this season, I know they have some difficult games coming up in January but I honestly think they are capable of winning anywhere this season, makes me sick saying this but Redknapp has built a very decent team/squad.

I think the battle for 4th place is between us, Chelsea & Liverpool. I think Chelsea are slight favourites at the moment if I'm honest with us second favourites and then Liverpool as the outsiders.

A lot depends on the January Window, we all know Chelsea will buy. Liverpool may buy too....it just worries me what we'll do, we absolutely need top class offensive signings, we need a top class forward & top class winger as the bare minimum.

I'm quite prepared for us to not make top 4 this season, yes we have improved from our poor start but I really don't think we're any better than any of our rivals who we're competing with for top 4, it's going to come down to who is the most consistent team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 4 is in danger. We are buying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Top 4 is in danger. We are buying.
    I think we'll buy/do some business it just worries me who we'll buy. Seeing us linked to players like Wayne Bridge doesn't inspire me with confidence. The sad thing is signing Wayne Bridge is probably more likely than signing someone like Lukas Podalski.

I personally think we need 2 proper signings, real quality.