User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 - How was it for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2011 - How was it for you?

Just a general ramble thread here about the year just gone.

How was it for you?

Achieved anything?

Any regrets?

Plans for 2012?

--

Bit of dull one for me tbh. Had a cracking holiday in the summer but that's about it. It was my first full year in full time work so now I appreciate the time off so much more.

Olympics and Euros next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A complete write off. Very frustrating. Been out of the game through illness for a fair chunk of it and pretty much wasted the year.

I think 2012 will be rubbish for me until it gets to the summer. A long way to go for that though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a word 'shit' hoping 2012 is alot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fairly meh year. As far as achievements go - I kept my job, but my boss who I really got on with, lost his. Other good friends lost theirs as well. Working conditions appear to be getting progressively worse, but I feel trapped.

Had a nice vacation in Greece and my brother and his wife visited from Australia and we had a great time in Croatia. But other than those highlights, meh.

2012 looks like it will be meh all round.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But at least Letters got to hold hands.

WITH A GIRL!
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good I'd say. Started off with a job, ended it with a job so happy about that. Brother got married to his long term GF with me running the show. Closest cousin also got married with me making a speech that will last the ages to anyone who heard it. Brother in law finally got through all the crap Immigration came up with and after 4 years is in the country. Boosted my DVD collection from very good to arguably the best DVD collection of all time. Played football regularly making the best save in wanstead park history. Got more confident as the year went on. Got back on GW after a 7 month hiatus. Football wise, pretty shit but then Arsenal have little importance in my life anymore (thanks Wenger) so not overly bothered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Boosted my DVD collection from very good to arguably the best DVD collection of all time. Played football regularly making the best save in wanstead park history. Got more confident as the year went on. Got back on GW after a 7 month hiatus. Football wise, pretty shit but then Arsenal have little importance in my life anymore (thanks Wenger) so not overly bothered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty fab. Up'd sticks and left the UK for Australia, got a new job.

2012 promises much, building a house, already bought the land for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mental year. Full of ups downs, blood sweat and tears. Hoping all the effort means good things for 2012. Personal note to me nan who died this week. Onwards and upwards, though. Hoping for the best for all of yas!
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    But at least Letters got to hold hands.

WITH A GIRL!

2011 was fantastic for me. Finally got a new job after years of moaning about my old one. And it's in the Public Sector. Job security! ...oh...well, at least I'm learning new skills after years of stagnating and 2012 should give me opportunities to learn more and travel a bit with work, something I've never done before.

And, I met MrsL who this year will become MrsL proper, so this year is looking like it'll be a good one too.