Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grow up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Persie View Post
    Wilshere should solve the problems in midfield, theoretically. We have to wait another 6 weeks and we have to hope that Wilshere comes back healthy and on top form. Should that happen Ramsey plays less and rotates with Wilshere and Arteta in those two midfield roles. Ramsey is by no means a lost cause but to rely on him at this stage of his career is risky. He can be very good at times, but lacks consistency and he can just as easily have a poor game. Wilshere plays at a higher level and is generally more consistent, despite being Ramsey's junior.

An ideal solution would be for Wenger to give up on Diaby and get another creative midfielder in - one in his prime or coming into it (Gotze). I don't think we're really in desperate straits in midfield though. By the end of February we should have a midfield 3 of Wilshere, Arteta and Song. That's a good mix and can do the job we need. With a more experienced Ramsey, developing Coquelin as well as the old heads of Rosicky and Benayoun, we have enough in midfield. You could throw Diaby in there but tbh, the sooner he goes the sooner we have a spot free for someone who is actually available to play.
    i really like the look of ramsey although i'm not sure if his fabregas style has developed because of taking on cesc's approach too much or if he has always played that way (i remember the portsmouth game away a couple years back and he seemed more direct).

he has a great eye for a pass, needs to work on his composure in front of goal, covers a lot of ground but needs to speed things up in general. even the way he moves with the ball eerily reminds me of our spanish ex captain, its almost as if his time out has left him a year behind in terms of the teams development with his too patient approach. he'll continue to go up and down in form at this age but i'm just glad he'll get a full season out there, ready to build and improve further for next season.