User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our lack of quality in central midfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with le coq and wilshere around, he won't be buying centrally this time round.

the top players in europe no longer go to man utd either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Nah, that award goes to "I Hate Arsenal, And Everything To Do With Them, Even Herbert Chapman's Blind Labrador Puppy".
    That's why I just shorten that to 'zimm'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Save the fancy stuff for later, just getting them to shoot straight is the primary requirement.
    If we can sort out Ramsey's cross-eyes, then we'll be fine. Only seems to happen when he get's in the box.

Ramsey (normal eyes) -----------> Ramsey in box (all cross-eyed like a spastic)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Last 10 games

Won 4 Drawn 2 Lost 4

Mid table form and thats where we are heading
    Last 1 game

Won 0 Drawn 0 Lost 1

Oh noes, we're going down!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    we were in the top four yesterday, we are out of it by a point now. we are still massively in with a chance of getting there at end of season. we still have to play united, scum, city, chavs and they all coming to ours, get points out of that lot and we will be up there. we are not out of the race now, not by a long shot. to be where we are now, given where we were in august is brilliant, wenger deserves a lot of credit and so do the players but we have to push on. yesterday was a crap game but now most of the team will be rested for leeds i expect so thats two weeks off, we must hope they come back rested and ready to push on.
    Top 3 is done and dusted. Chelsea will spend fuck knows how much this January like last January to get that top 4 place. We'll be lucky to spend 17p.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Last 1 game

Won 0 Drawn 0 Lost 1

Oh noes, we're going down!
    Form isnt based on one game. Most football experts base it on 10 games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Song isnt. He has shown his quality over the years and im happy with him in the team. Hes just off form at the minute. Shame he isnt going to the ACON so we can put Coq in and see how he does with a run in the team. Arteta in his peak at Everton was an above average player. Hes well past his peak now and been pretty Denilsonesque for us. Ramsey is just poor. His injury as it did with Eduardo, Diaby and by the looks of it Wilshere made him better than he is in the eyes of fans.

Unfortunately Arteta is the level of the player we are trying to sign these days. The top players wont come to us or a joke of a manager anymore
    Who are the top players?

I can only think of Silva and maybe Yaya who have had stand out seasons in the prem.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 3 is done and dusted. Chelsea will spend fuck knows how much this January like last January to get that top 4 place. We'll be lucky to spend 17p.
    but its not though is it. we beat united, we beat the scum, scum lose a few games or draw, then suddenly we are right back up there. yes the four points over xmas isnt great but we are still up there. oh the chelsea spending how many millions really worked out well for them, where are they now given how much they spent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have far more pressing issues than Central Midfield right now though I do agree with the OP in that we do lack a bit of quality in Central Midfield.

The current trio are OK, I do however think Jack will improve our midfield when he returns though I'm still far from convinced that a Jack Ramsey Song midfield is the way to go at present or even a Jack Arteta Song midfield. I do think a Jack Ramsey Song midfield does have the potential to be World Class though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chelsea spent how much last January?