User Tag List

Page 103 of 142 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1419

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did get tickets to see him when he toured 6 or 7 years ago but for others.
    Never been a fan but appreciate his legacy and influence.
    Apparently he recorded loads and loads of songs which were never released so I'm sure there will be plenty of posthumous releases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those releases will be a shame. Hopefully he took measures to protect his music after his death. He protected his music everywhere possible and controlled where it was accessible online. He had signed up to write his memoirs last year and I think it's fitting that isn't completed now. The mystery around him is a rare thing in today's entertainment world and it added to the power of his music. Crossing the line between fan and celebrity seemed like a good idea at the time but it's just full of useless shit now. Artists like Prince are a rarity in that regard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF is going on this year?

Bowie and Prince within a few months of each other.

Although their prolific nature means we may still get to hear hours of unheard music down the line, it's a real shame because they were still producing new music. They may not have had hits or showbiz columns and hysteria surround them anymore, but especially in the case of Prince, were still vital artists continuously recording, writing and touring. And they could have done so for so much longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Apparently he recorded loads and loads of songs which were never released so I'm sure there will be plenty of posthumous releases.
    I mentioned the shame of not having new Bowie or Prince music and it's a pretty devastating thought.

But, the one solace is that Prince's unreleased stuff is every bit as rich, interesting and exhaustive as the officially available music. The myths and legends around stars are usually exaggerated, but in regards to Prince's unreleased music, I think the myth is conservative. 30+ years on, material is still being leaked online by bootleggers and if unheard music is finally officially released and is as great as what's come before, it will be like discovering Atlantis on a daily basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Prince sondtrack is one of the things that makes the original Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson Batman my favourite Batman of all. Plus the whole film was ridiculous, over the top and seriously funny.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, looks like back-to-back Prince for the foreseeable future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The Prince sondtrack is one of the things that makes the original Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson Batman my favourite Batman of all. Plus the whole film was ridiculous, over the top and seriously funny.

He didn't even bother to release what would have been the best song on the album, although The Future and Electric Chair are awlsome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He never stopped recording. Loads of albums to catch up on.