User Tag List

Page 140 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1422

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    You know the term "conspiracy theory" was coined by the CIA to discredit anyone who questioned the official JFK narrative, make of that what you will.
    I’m afraid not, that in itself is another conspiracy theory as there is evidence of its use as early as the 19th century

The problem with conspiracy theories isn’t so much that conspiracies don’t exist, they of course do. The problem is the alacrity with which those who believe conspiracies often show the same amount of credulousness that they attribute to others and often there is a need for conspiracies to be interlinked.

The CIA is a clandestine organisation therefore it’s going to be at the forefront of conspiracy. And of course it has conducted numerous black ops both at home and abroad including both not limited to influencing coups in countries like Guatemala, Chile, Greece, Iran etc.

The Kennedy conspiracies never really hold up to examination. Most of Oliver Stones film for example ranges from distortion and supposition to outright fiction.

Whether he was a CIA operative I can’t say, but it’s been proved pretty conclusively that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman responsible for Kennedy’s death.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know the term "conspiracy theory" was coined by the CIA to discredit anyone who questioned the official JFK narrative, make of that what you will.
    As HCZ says, this simply isn’t true.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...k-941578119864

It’s just another example of the credulity you have for anything which backs up your narrative and worldview.

It’s ironic that people who have your sort of mindset and claim to “do their own research” don’t even bother to fact check basic stuff like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    As HCZ says, this simply isn’t true.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...k-941578119864

It’s just another example of the credulity you have for anything which backs up your narrative and worldview.

It’s ironic that people who have your sort of mindset and claim to “do their own research” don’t even bother to fact check basic stuff like this.
    Because I don't really care that much. There's bullshit on all sides the world is done, I just want to live a peaceful life and enjoy my time on this rock with no interference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I don't really care that much.
    You should care about what's true.

There's bullshit on all sides the world is done, I just want to live a peaceful life and enjoy my time on this rock with no interference.
    Well, you can't. Because you live in a society.
    I mean, you should be able to do the first part, but not the latter.
    If you want to go live on some desert island and be completely self-sufficient then you get to do what you want.
    Here. Go nuts: https://metro.co.uk/2023/11/05/you-c...flat-19776507/

As soon as you live in a society then there's a societal contract which means you can't just do whatever you like.
    Thankfully we don't, contrary to your more hysterical opinions, live in an overly oppressive regime.

Yes yes, Covid restrictions, blah, blah. Those were extraordinary restrictions designed to deal with an extraordinary situation. You can call bullshit on the restrictions and most of us did at the time. Some made sense, some were utter nonsense. But they weren't some attempt to oppress and control us by an authoritarian state. I mean, if they were true then why did they keep changing as the situation did? Why are they now all removed?

Most of the time they do pretty much leave us alone to get on with things. Sure, we have to follow laws - any society has to have a set of rules in order to work. And in a large society there's no way for all those rules to be agreed by everyone so some structure of government is necessary. And we have to pay taxes but in return we get roads and infrastructure. So, y'know, overall I don't think it's that bad a deal. My life is peaceful, there's no overbearing interference. I suspect yours is much the same, the only difference is your perception of it, vague paranoia and worry about what "they" are up to. Mostly what they're up to is being a bit incompetent and self-serving. They're not out to control or oppress you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I don't really care that much. There's bullshit on all sides the world is done, I just want to live a peaceful life and enjoy my time on this rock with no interference.
    It kind of sounds like you do care, otherwise you wouldn’t keep posting these conspiracy things totally unprompted.

If it’s just a case that you’re trolling people fine, but maybe be a bit honest about it

Objective truth does matter it really does, everyone is entitled to an opinion but if there is no factual basis for those opinions then it just creates a world of solipsism where reality is whatever you choose it to be. Which is fine if you’re a fictional character like the Joker but in the real world where people are social creatures it just creates unnecessary division.

And for what? Some cunt to generate more clicks on his you tube video or some news network to win a ratings war

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are top of the league, I said we are top of the league!

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...1-song-record/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, where has this been all my life

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wham! top the charts.

Obviously the charts are bollox these days, they add streaming which means when someone like Taylor Swift drops an album the songs from it flood the charts, and now every Christmas you’re going to get the chart filled with all the old Christmas songs.

None of this really matters, I’m just feeling a bit “Old Man Yells At Cloud” today.

A least it wasn’t Lad fucking Baby, the unfunny twunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like Last Christmas tbf. Probably my favourite Christmas song along with Fairytale of New York.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a good song, it’s just a bit silly how the charts work these days.
    I mean, who really cares about them anyway now.
    (Apart from me when The Beatles were No 1 of course )