Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wenger rues power of TV over fixtures

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    i commented on what i needed to. You posted this thread like he was the only manager to say this thats what i was getting at.
    But its an article on what AW has said, how can I portray it any differently?

I agree with him on the sole issue of TV and fixtures, but I feel like it is a pre-excuse statement in case we dont get the results we need in the next month because we have nothing left in the tank. Again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    He always takes the safe option, that's fine but if you take a risk the rewards are much greater if you succeed.
    This day an age when players are out for themselves you have too, who else is going to care about the club.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    This day an age when players are out for themselves you have too, who else is going to care about the club.
    Thats just plain wrong tbh.

Were talking about paying a bit more for a quality player or two who would improve the team and push them on, inspire them to win games they would normally loose, not so they care more about the club.

Also, have you ever considered the possibility that these players would start to care more about the club after joining it?
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 14-01-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    But its an article on what AW has said, how can I portray it any differently?

I agree with him on the sole issue of TV and fixtures, but I feel like it is a pre-excuse statement in case we dont get the results we need in the next month because we have nothing left in the tank. Again.
    I see what your saying and was not saying wenger won't use this as an excuse, i as aluding to the fact other managers have said the same not just him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Didn't we 'sell our soul' by moving to a new stadium? Although Wenger might have meant 'we' as in Arsenal I suppose. Anyway, there wouldn't be an issue with fixtures if England only had two domestic trophies like other leagues.
    Agreed, Mac. Scrap the premier league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Thats just plain wrong tbh.

Were talking about paying a bit more for a quality player who will improve the team and push them on, inspire them to win games they would normally loose, not so they care more about the club.Also, have you ever considered the possibility that these players would start to care more about the club after joining them?
    Their is paying a bit more and then paying over the odds for someone who is not even worth that amount. my point was with players these days they hardly care about clubs/fans because they know within 3 years they will be off anyways.

Id rather have someone who is happy to play for the shirt and the team, then someone who only is good but only plays for the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is right about football selling it's soul.

Then again, he is being paid six million pounds a year.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh he should just shut the fuck up and concentrate on winning us trophies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerrrrr View Post
    tbh he should just shut the fuck up and concentrate on winning us trophies
    He'll never shut up, he never win us trophies either........his best days are numbered and he has no answer to the way the modern game has changed, if he was adaptable and less stubborn perhaps it could change...sadly he isn't so until he finally leaves we'll be left trophyless and hunting for 4th place every season.

I'd love it if they took away the 4th place spot, that would shut the muppet up about 4th place being all important

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    He'll never shut up, he never win us trophies either........his best days are numbered and he has no answer to the way the modern game has changed, if he was adaptable and less stubborn perhaps it could change...sadly he isn't so until he finally leaves we'll be left trophyless and hunting for 4th place every season.

I'd love it if they took away the 4th place spot, that would shut the muppet up about 4th place being all important :lol:
    Not really all he will says is 3rd is like a trophy or 5th.