Page 29 of 542 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket Thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    i think the decision by india to veto DRS in the series against england is a joke. should be used in all forms of the game. does more good then harm.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/13925446.stm

Ollie

You've had some shockers son

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must've been this West Indies tour that got the non-believers fed up. In the second Indian innings, 4 batsmen were given out when they weren't (all in a row; from Kohli no.4 to Dhoni no.7).

Anyway, good news if true. The technology might not be perfect but in instances where there is doubt, you'll stick with the umpiring decisions. DRS is only supposed to filter out the shockers made by umpires and I don't understand why anybody would be against that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/13925446.stm

Ollie

You've had some shockers son
    erm not really, when i posted that they had vetoed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    It must've been this West Indies tour that got the non-believers fed up. In the second Indian innings, 4 batsmen were given out when they weren't (all in a row; from Kohli no.4 to Dhoni no.7).

Anyway, good news if true. The technology might not be perfect but in instances where there is doubt, you'll stick with the umpiring decisions. DRS is only supposed to filter out the shockers made by umpires and I don't understand why anybody would be against that.
    tbh syn after that sydney test in 2008, i dont understand why the indians dont want it. they could have reviewed all of those, and had them reversed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will probably be going to India v England @ Lord's.

Hope we thrash the filthy goras.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    SL 137-1

SL win by 9 wickets

England, awful. Simply awful.

I feel sorry for Broad. Out of his depth as captain. A shite player as well. No way should he be anywhere near the T20 scene. Keep him in the Test arena where average players can look good but in the pressure cricket of scoring runs and taking wickets quickly, he just isnt up to it.

ODIs next and i can see a whitewash in that as well. Cook is captain there but again you need to score runs quick in that format and he cant do that.

England have a lot to do.
    you dont watch cook a lot do you? last year he got several tons playing for essex in one day games, has got a ton this year and a few fiftys. just stop talking shit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    you dont watch cook a lot do you? last year he got several tons playing for essex in one day games, has got a ton this year and a few fiftys. just stop talking shit

You dont listen to Cook much do you? When he himself admitted he played too slow in the 2nd test even though he got a century.

And playing well against pub teamers in county cricket is completely different to the international game but i dont expect you to get that.
    Last edited by Cripps_orig; 27-06-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First ODI today

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SL win the toss and will field

Dilshan plays.

Bopara dropped

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England: AN Cook*, C Kieswetter†, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, EJG Morgan, IR Bell, TT Bresnan, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JW Dernbach, JM Anderson.

Sri Lanka: ST Jayasuriya, TM Dilshan*, KC Sangakkara†, DPMD Jayawardene, SHT Kandamby, AD Mathews, BMAJ Mendis, KMDN Kulasekara, RAS Lakmal, S Randiv, SL Malinga.