Page 442 of 542 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 5420

Thread: Cricket Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bendtner View Post
    That is gold. Two needed off the last ball. RP Singh bowls it, Jadeja hits it in the air and straight down the fielder's throat. But it's a no-ball. And they ran a single so they win. A no-ball off the last ball in that situation. Another legendary Indian death bowler. IPL is hilarious.
    doubt there is anything to it, but that has got to be suspicious, seen enough county cricketers and journalists all voicing their doubts about it and apparently the betting markets were doing strange things

tbh it wouldnt surprise me if it was fixed, and its shame that cricket has got to this stage where results, catches, no balls etc are looked at with doubt rather then taken as a mistake etc

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great match

IPL is single handedly keeping cricket alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    doubt there is anything to it, but that has got to be suspicious, seen enough county cricketers and journalists all voicing their doubts about it and apparently the betting markets were doing strange things

tbh it wouldnt surprise me if it was fixed, and its shame that cricket has got to this stage where results, catches, no balls etc are looked at with doubt rather then taken as a mistake etc
    Can't blame people for being suspicious, though I haven't heard anything about the betting markets. My first reaction was just to laugh because RP Singh is a clown. If you read an Indian forum I browse sometimes, you'll see all sorts of conspiracy theories constantly discussed concerning many of the protagonists in this episode which made it funny. But it was a big no-ball when the absolute imperative was not to bowl a no-ball so suspicion is fair. Most of the international players earn a lot of money through IPL, though, particularly the Indians.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An umpire banned for 4 years

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KP out of the NZ series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So today in the ipl the two first innnings scores have been

119 and 117.

so chasing at less then 1 run a ball. thats sooooo exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there are big scores in the IPL people complain that it's just mindless slogging and not real cricket etc. When there are low scores the complaints are that it's boring. Yes the IPL may affect the scheduling of the English county season and it may inconvenience teams because some players want to play in the IPL instead of the early part of the County season, but even so the hatred and bile that English cricket fans aim at the tournament is a bit embarrassing (I'm not taking about anyone on this forum btw). After all, there are T20 competitions all over the world, yet I don't see the same scorn poured on those tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    If there are big scores in the IPL people complain that it's just mindless slogging and not real cricket etc. When there are low scores the complaints are that it's boring.
    Agree. Very simplistic ollie. Several games right here at the Chinnaswamy on a Saturday night sponsored by Pepsi have gone to a 'super over' or to the last few balls because teams are making a good fist of defending low totals. There are better arguments than lack of entertainment to put forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, chris gayle just scored a ton off 30 balls. 7 dot balls in his innings and 11 6s. Holy fuck

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a man.