User Tag List

Page 478 of 542 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5420

Thread: Cricket Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a point, but I was thinking of these panchods like Maxwell and Bailey being able to absolutely annihilate the spinners in the middle overs when there should normally be a level of control. That's a lot to do with the pitch too. I think that's what's bumped a lot of these scores up by 30-40 runs compared to your standard ODI fare. Someone like Jadeja has become easy pickings when he is usually pretty tight and gets the odd wicket. There's nothing there for them other than to just spear them in and hope.

I don't know if I've necessarily addressed your point there, but it's just my thought.
    Last edited by Dennis Bendtner; 30-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bendtner View Post
    You have a point, but I was thinking of these panchods like Maxwell and Bailey being able to absolutely annihilate the spinners in the middle overs when there should normally be a level of control. That's a lot to do with the pitch too. I think that's what's bumped a lot of these scores up by 30-40 runs compared to your standard ODI fare. Someone like Jadeja has become easy pickings when he is usually pretty tight and gets the odd wicket. There's nothing there for them other than to just spear them in and hope.

I don't know if I've necessarily addressed your point there, but it's just my thought.
    Fair point - the spinners have been unusually ineffective considering it's in India, but then again England went and schooled India with spinners so maybe all-rounders like Jadeja were just having a purple patch, and Ashwin is off-form. Also a lot of these Australians are IPL twats.

But obviously I'm not saying an ODI game under the lights in India is the best measure of batting brilliance. The true test will obviously come when we play Liverpool in the SA tour. That'll separate the IPL twats from the legit cricketers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it should be an eye-opener. India heading overseas with near enough a completely new team, made more stark with Sachin retiring. My money would be on IPL twats being exposed with the odd beacon of hope. Two Tests and three ODIs is barely a series, tbfh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quality of Aussie bowling has fallen off a cliff today. Rohit Sharma is still an overrated twat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussies 138-6 in reply to India's 383-6.

Lolstralia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vinay Kumar

They've got like a billion people to choose from. That some of these trundlers are the best India have is disgraceful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shane Watson has a hamstring problem and he's playing through an injury. Hitting sixes for fun but grimacing and yelling out in pain every time he does. The Scott Parker of cricket. Why he'd risk his Ashes place for this makes no sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That game was just stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India V WI test series is on now. WI won the toss and bowled out for 220 odd. India 24-0.

More interestingly, Gavaskar attempted the Jamaican accent to joke about what Gayle might be thinking. Obviously, all fun and games. But if anyone made a shit attempt at an Indian accent, there would be outrage. #doublestandards #sadbuttrue #fuckwillsmith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England XI are playing Australia A. England 318/0 after the first day.

Carberry finishes the day on 153* and Cook on 154*.