0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, win by two wickets….that declaration Friday night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, in a situation like that declaring on anything less than 500+ is always dumb, the first priority is not to lose the opening test - Stokes dropped the Ashes
    Last edited by Mac76; 21-06-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Exactly, in a situation like that declaring on anything less than 500+ is always dumb, the first priority is not to lose the opening test - Stokes dropped the Ashes
    Agreed although I think it would be hard to argue that the declaration lost us the test (and not saying you are saying that) but yeah there’s no need to declare full stop in a first innings unless you’ve been batting for two days and want to make sure you can win over five days.

I think ultimately they have a better bowling attack than us, relying on Jimmy Anderson seems daft…Ollie Robinson is ok. Broad is still good but getting on and never rated Moen Ali before he retired. Losing Jofra Archer was a blow, his pace would taken the Aussies out of their comfort zone.

In many respects we are lucky that Smith and Labuschagne have been shit otherwise we’d have got an absolute pasting “Baz-Ball” or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Lad of the week award goes to Johnny Bairstow for carrying a protester off the pitch the way someone would pick up and move a deckchair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ben Stokes might be a complete and total slag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stokes caught on 155. 301-7….I think that’s our heroic fight back done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia go 2-0 up in series winning by 43 runs

Both tests have been relatively closely fought, but it feels like England have contributed to their own downfall

Poor bowling in Australia’s first innings on first day (although we did polish them off reasonably well on first session of second day) and shocking batting collapse in our first innings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lot of whinging about the Bairstow stumping

I thought was legitimate wicket , and no reason shouldn’t be just because Bairstow assumed the over was concluded

And this idea that England wouldn’t have done exactly the same as Australia in their position is bullshit

That said, the Australians are in no position to call us bad sports when they have a history of histrionics like bullying players to walk when they’ve run out of referrals….Ricky Ponting on TMS is just a massive hypocrite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Lot of whinging about the Bairstow stumping

I thought was legitimate wicket , and no reason shouldn’t be just because Bairstow assumed the over was concluded

And this idea that England wouldn’t have done exactly the same as Australia in their position is bullshit
    totally, this shows Baristow actually tried a similar stumping on day 1 https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...schagne/more/4

and they've also no right to be whining ever again, after winning the World Cup because the umpire got the rules wrong...

for me that's a travesty that's right up there with the F1 handing Verstappen the title a couple of years ago