Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It's bucketing down and basically over

England
    Aren’t you English?

I don’t care about cricket but it does same inherently ridiculous that a whole series can be won or lost because of a rainy day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Aren’t you English?

I don’t care about cricket but it does same inherently ridiculous that a whole series can be won or lost because of a rainy day.
    At the risk of making an assumption, I don’t think he likes the fact that England only won the 1 day Cricket World Cup because of the umpire not understanding the rules when awarding runs to England in the final against New Zealand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Aren’t you English?
    Aren't you aware that laughing at our own sides's failures is a long-standing tradition of this board?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    At the risk of making an assumption, I don’t think he likes the fact that England only won the 1 day Cricket World Cup because of the umpire not understanding the rules when awarding runs to England in the final against New Zealand.
    It's much simpler than that - it's just funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So final Ashes test at the Oval - had the potential to be a series decider like in 2005 and 2009 but sadly it’s just a dead rubber. Would be nice to level the series like four years ago. Unlike four years ago I think drawn series would be least we deserve, where as Australia were far better than us in 2019

I don’t think England are that good (certainly no where near the level of 10-12 years ago) but neither are the Aussies that marvellous…they have definitely missed Nathan Lyon and will I think continue to miss him today on a surface where I think he’d tear us to bits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a lot like the first innings at Edgbaston, Australia defensive fielding allowing England to take singles and England are happy to take them 48-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After solid start (and frankly a bit of luck) Crawley and Duckett both gone within an over of each other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    283 all out.

On one hand definitely not a batting surface, on the other hand losing seven wickets for less than 100 is pretty disappointing

Apart from Brook no one really got going. Moen Ali actually did ok considering he can barely walk. But a lot of clean bowls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia 295 all out. Very frustrating. But it’s been a good test…given they have to bat last it’s far from a disaster but given the weather forecast I wouldn’t bet on a result meaning they will win the series 2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took one over to get rid of the deficit