Cricket Thread

England v Sri Lanka on thursday.

Morgan in for Bopara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The great man returns

What did you make of Shitwag's shitness in the world cup?

In other news, England to win easily as long as the rain stays away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont know if Morgan is that great tbh

Ah the World Cup, had so much shit to say during and after it. Damn me and my foolishness to be banned on GW.

Il get to Sehwag in a bit but first the world cup as a whole. Brilliant. Im not saying that just cos India are once again the greatest god damn team ever seen in the history of the game but cos it was entertaining. Compare it to the last World Cup which went on for 17 years, it was brilliant. England, as shit as they were, were entertainingly shit and thats the best shit to be. That Dutch unknown guy who scored a century against England, what an innings. Same with the Irish unknown guy. What an innings. SA choking as usual. NZ with a team of journeymen once again reaching the semis and losing it. Vettori is the best captain in the game for what he does with that team. Aussies Pakistanis were pretty good but not good enough in the semis. Kudos to SL as well

Now for India, have to start with the captain. MS Dhoni. Didnt have the best of tournaments but imo he played one of the great innings in the final after 2 early wickets fell. He put himself up the order and took the game by the scruff of its neck. Majestic. Zaheer, Harbhajan As for Sehwag, started off brilliantly and set the tone for the world cup and got us off to great starts in most of the other games even if he didnt get a high score himself. He played for the team as he got us above the rate and the rest just had to come in and not worry about that. Flopped in the final for sure but so did the man im going to talk about next and no one in world football, cricket, rugby, tennis and wwe would have a bad thing to say about this guy.

And this guy is of course the little master, the greatest player to walk on gods green earth and swim in gods blue water Sachin motherfucking Tendulkar. Ive never wanked over a guy but i was close to doing so. Just brilliant. What can i say about him that hasnt been said already. Shame he missed out on the final and didnt get the 100 100s but that will come possibly this summer v England. Cant wait.

I was in tears at the final whistle. When you consider Arsenal are winning f all for some time and have won f all for 6 years, this may be the only chance i get to see a team i support lift a trophy for some time. I was buzzing and the streets were filled with Indians. I had to go play football unfortunately otherwise id have been there singing and getting drunk off our lassis alongside them.

Its a shame England had a shocking winter. Sure they won the Ashes against a piss poor Aussie team but in the trophy that mattered, they came up short. Thats one downside of a great winters cricket.
    Last edited by Cripps_orig; 25-05-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a good WC. India's fielding in the knock-outs is what won them the comp. The new guys (Ashwin, Kohli) and especially Raina alone was saving about 20 runs a game in field. Can't wait for the Windies tour that's right after the ipl.

Btw, there's a cricket movie that's in some cinemas right now; "Fire in Babylon", which tells the story of the West Indies dominance from the mid1970s and 80s. Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg3_NIUv7Z0

Looks really good. It's out on DVD on June 8th - I've got my copy pre-ordered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Dont know if Morgan is that great tbh

Ah the World Cup, had so much shit to say during and after it. Damn me and my foolishness to be banned on GW.

Il get to Sehwag in a bit but first the world cup as a whole. Brilliant. Im not saying that just cos India are once again the greatest god damn team ever seen in the history of the game but cos it was entertaining. Compare it to the last World Cup which went on for 17 years, it was brilliant. England, as shit as they were, were entertainingly shit and thats the best shit to be. That Dutch unknown guy who scored a century against England, what an innings. Same with the Irish unknown guy. What an innings. SA choking as usual. NZ with a team of journeymen once again reaching the semis and losing it. Vettori is the best captain in the game for what he does with that team. Aussies Pakistanis were pretty good but not good enough in the semis. Kudos to SL as well

Now for India, have to start with the captain. MS Dhoni. Didnt have the best of tournaments but imo he played one of the great innings in the final after 2 early wickets fell. He put himself up the order and took the game by the scruff of its neck. Majestic. Zaheer, Harbhajan As for Sehwag, started off brilliantly and set the tone for the world cup and got us off to great starts in most of the other games even if he didnt get a high score himself. He played for the team as he got us above the rate and the rest just had to come in and not worry about that. Flopped in the final for sure but so did the man im going to talk about next and no one in world football, cricket, rugby, tennis and wwe would have a bad thing to say about this guy.

And this guy is of course the little master, the greatest player to walk on gods green earth and swim in gods blue water Sachin motherfucking Tendulkar. Ive never wanked over a guy but i was close to doing so. Just brilliant. What can i say about him that hasnt been said already. Shame he missed out on the final and didnt get the 100 100s but that will come possibly this summer v England. Cant wait.

I was in tears at the final whistle. When you consider Arsenal are winning f all for some time and have won f all for 6 years, this may be the only chance i get to see a team i support lift a trophy for some time. I was buzzing and the streets were filled with Indians. I had to go play football unfortunately otherwise id have been there singing and getting drunk off our lassis alongside them.

Its a shame England had a shocking winter. Sure they won the Ashes against a piss poor Aussie team but in the trophy that mattered, they came up short. Thats one downside of a great winters cricket.
    Good summary that. Especially the Vettori captaincy, a few of the other teams may have achieved a bit more with him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fleming before him as well. Very good captain.

Anyway on to the cricket now. Pakistan just beat WI in the 2nd Test to draw the series 1-1.

Afridi was sacked as ODI captain after something he said about the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, New Zealand just need to produce a few more players of that quality.

Was Afridi criticising management again?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start delayed.

Inspection at 11.10

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)