Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HENRY REMINDED ME THAT WE ARE A SHADOW OF OUR FORMAL SELF

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HENRY REMINDED ME THAT WE ARE A SHADOW OF OUR FORMAL SELF

It was near the end the game when Henry was surrounded by song and i think Djourou. In the old days Henry would of had Ashley Cole and Pirès at least in a counter attack , we would of had a nice counter attack. Just when was Henry running to start a counter attack gave me a flash back of the invincible days, It made me remember how weak we actually are currently. We don't even play good football like we use to, I don't think we warrant that reputation as the one of the footballing team in the world when we have a welsh team in Swansea out playing us in every sense of the word. Song and Djourou had oo idea what to do so they passed the ball back instead of forward. What worries me is that i don't think Wenger will buy new players because his getting more deluded by age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Welsh team in Swansea?

Fancy that.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    A Welsh team in Swansea?

Fancy that.
    They are a Welsh team in Swansea that plays in England division did you not no that ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand and share your frustration, I just didn't think that was relevant to the overall point you are trying to make. And I was drinking.

I think the scale of decline will have been not as big o a surprise to Henry as we might think. The decline in the quality if the first team and depth if the squad was well underway before he left.

When you look at the way the squad has deteriorated to less than the bare bones you would expect for a top 4 side, the biggest surprise is that we managed to maintain our position for as long as we did.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood insists it would not be a disaster if the Gunners missed out on qualifying for the UEFA Champions League this season.

Defeat at Swansea on Sunday has left the North Londoners fifth in the Premier League and four points adrift of nearest rivals Chelsea.

They host champions Manchester United on Sunday knowing they cannot afford to drop any more points if they want to stay in contention for a European spot.

Defeat at the Emirates could see them drop into seventh place if other results do not go their way.

The Gunners have qualified for the Champions League in all of Arsene Wenger's full seasons in charge.

But after showing uneven form this season, Hill-Wood is preparing for the eventuality of Arsenal not booking a spot in Europe's top club competition.

"We are hanging on in there, no more," he told the Daily Star of the club's current position.

"From a financial point of view, not qualifying for the Champions League is quite a blow.

"We have been planning for not qualifying every year, so it's not a disaster, but it would be nice if we could."
    oh dear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a cunt.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

What a cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it would be nice, you know, like having a cup of tea or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or: "It would be nice...but we've got our bonus this year already from the sale of Nasri and Fabregas. A Little more by way of dividends would be "nice", but we don't want to be greedy".
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's another thing that's really starting to grind my goat.

Last summer we were told that we didn't spend our transfer surplus because we were holding it back for January.

Come January, not a fucking dickie bird.