User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wenger fears CL disaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    No way to know we can, id rather we were in the cl then the europa league which won't be enjoyable because we won't even take it serious neither will our players.
    I reckon we'd get to the final of the Europa league and then bottle it, but at least it would be more unpredictable than the CL, in that we know we're going to get beaten as soon as we meet a decent side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha Wenger says this but you know he will do nothing to improve our situation! FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ernesto, the papers go to him. When theyre not making shit up.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, but I dunno, reading this sorta crap from Wenger just makes me so ANGRY!
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    I know, but I dunno, reading this sorta crap from Wenger just makes me so ANGRY!
    Understandably so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would he bring that sweden study up? how ridiculous. there has always been an element of human error in sports. im sure if you go back in history that same case can be made for MANY teams. comments like this make me dislike wenger (the present day wenger) more and more.

as for the CL comments, hes right...it will be a disaster. it will solidify how he has slipped from being one of the best to a a man who cant get the job done anymore. if this ends up being the case, he needs to walk. he will highlihgt injuries, poor officiating, man city, the fixture list in the end but wont blame himself or the squad. its all very tiring, where is the accountability in this club? nobody is held accountable, from the board to wenger to the players. its a poisonous setup we have going here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lahey View Post
    why would he bring that sweden study up? how ridiculous. there has always been an element of human error in sports. im sure if you go back in history that same case can be made for MANY teams.
    He brings up the Sweden study up to show that we have been very unlucky with refereeing decisions, and that we would've been higher up the table if the correct decisions were made. We would also be higher up the table if Wenger had made more right calls and stopped persisting with poor-performing players. But I don't agree with this childish notion that because somebody has made mistakes they can't talk about other mistakes that have been made. There had been a human error in sports because technology to correct errors hadn't existed. Now, sports like cricket, rugby and tennis have moved on and football hasn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football is a basket case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The study from Sweden is perfectly valid and it's right to point out how incompetent, cowardly and in some cases corrupt the refs are. If these awful referring decisions "evened themselves out™" over the course of the season then the study from Sweden would tally with the final league placings. But they don't. In a billion dollar industry this isn't good enough. If drug tests or crash tests were carried out using the same slipshod and random methods applied in football officiating then everyone would be dead. Trouble with journalists is they are thick, incompetent and in some cases corrupt themselves. No wonder they see eye to eye with the world's worst referees. However, FIFA, UEFA, the FA and all the other crusty, prehistoric middle men are only interested in money coming in, so nothing will change unless their money is somehow jeopardised. So Wenger needs to move on from this and accept we need to be doing it even better than certain other teams just to reach parity.

The other point here is his rapid disagreement with PHW. Whether anything should be read into it or not I don't know. But people wanted Wenger to come out and sing a different tune, he's doing it here in a way that won't lead to open conflict. The guy with all the money says it's okay to fail, the guy in charge of the team says not. Who's the bigger problem then? PHW gives so much away by constantly placing everything in the context of money. He does actually remember we have a football team, doesn't he?

As for Wenger, if he really thinks it would be a disaster to finish outside the top 4 I guess he must be buying a striker after all. Because without somebody to help RvP put the ball in the net realism would suggest top 10 is the goal and forget about the top 4. But I wonder. If PHW is already suggesting there is a financial plan to deal with failure to qualify for the CL, does it mean the board has already allocated funds that could have gone into the transfer pot to instead paying a premium on mediocrity? What a scandal if that's the case. Wenger out, of course.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is even when he understands he has made a mistake he is never in a rush to put it right.