User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wenger fears CL disaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i understand the point of the study and its validity in a greater context. however Wenger for me, is deflecting the performance of the team rather than making a point about officiating in football in general. if there was a history of this effecting arsenal the most year after year i would agree with his comments. im sure there were a few years where it could have been different for many teams. funny enough he brings up that Pires dive, wasnt that during the unbeaten run? if that was called properly than we may not have accomplished that. but he has a track record of making excuses and this is the same stuff that he comes out with all the time.

i do recognize that we have had some difficult decisions that have gone against us. The 4-4 against Newcastle sticks out the most. however he needs to concentrate more on what he can control rather than the things he cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do recognize that we have had some difficult decisions that have gone against us. The 4-4 against Newcastle sticks out the most. however he needs to concentrate more on what he can control rather than the things he cannot.
    To a degree. But nothing will change with these refs if everyone keeps quiet about them. What would be better is if a winner talked about the problem. It will always seem like an excuse when the losing team talks about it, it would be "nice" to see more winning managers slate these poxy refs. But a lot of them don't. When they get even the most scandalous decisions in their favour they say the ref has a good game, or it is difficult for the ref, or (in Wenger's case) they didn't see it. Refs should be slaughtered by everyone until they either start getting it right or the useless authorities bow to sanity and introduce technology. If fans can wait 15 minutes for Rory Delap then 30 seconds while a blind bastard checks what actually happened isn't going to be a problem.

But there's also the gambling syndicates to think about.
    Für eure Sicherheit