Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Arshavin

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    Probably the most ridiculous game I've ever seen, the 4-4.

By the end of it I didn't even care about the result, despite us theoretically being in the title race, I was too busy laughing.
    It was indeed completely mental. The nervous kittens were out in force from both teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you insofar as fearing what will be made of limited resources. We can afford to spend big, but can ill afford to waste big.

I'd rather a last season of deja vu, than to have a potential new manager come in during 2014/15 with hands tied managing a Wenger side with little scope to build his own team.

But I do think Arshavin is an eccentric whose heart hasn't been in it for years.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was talking about that match at work recently with a Liverpool fan.

He said that's the match that cost them the league.

Agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    I agree with you insofar as fearing what will be made of limited resources. We can afford to spend big, but can ill afford to waste big.

I'd rather a last season of deja vu, than to have a potential new manager come in during 2014/15 with hands tied managing a Wenger side with little scope to build his own team.

But I do think Arshavin is an eccentric whose heart hasn't been in it for years.
    What happens if Wenger signs a new contract until 2017?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless he wins the league next season, or he at least closes the point gap on the mancs to a competitve level, then I can't see that happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    What happens if Wenger signs a new contract until 2017?
    I'll kick Letters in the face and balls.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringBoringArsenal View Post
    Unless he wins the league next season, or he at least closes the point gap on the mancs to a competitve level, then I can't see that happening.
    He's won nothing in years and still got new contracts. Then there's the glowing compliments the board always pay him, I don't think it's too far fetched for him to be offered a new contract when the time comes, they've said many times before it's down to him if he wants to stay on, they'll be very happy for him to stay onboard as they have 100% trust in him.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Such a waste of money.
    Nah he was worth it for getting us into the top four that season when it looked well gone to O'Neill (lol) Villa side.

Considering we're meant to earn 40 million for just simply entering the CL it was worth the investment in the end.

Now I hope the likes of Denilson, Bendtner, Park, Djourou, Squillachi, Chamakh and the other leeches follow suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    He's won nothing in years and still got new contracts. Then there's the glowing compliments the board always pay him, I don't think it's too far fetched for him to be offered a new contract when the time comes, they've said many times before it's down to him if he wants to stay on, they'll be very happy for him to stay onboard as they have 100% trust in him.
    Not sure the WO sentiment upon his last new contract signing was anywhere as vehemently strong as it is now.

More importantly, his failings weren't as pronounced as they are now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringBoringArsenal View Post
    Not sure the WO sentiment upon his last new contract signing was anywhere as vehemently strong as it is now.

More importantly, his failings weren't as pronounced as they are now.
    The board don't seem to recognise his failings which is the important point here. They don't give a toss what the fans think and as long as the stadium is full have no motivation to change anything, sentiment is one thing but if it doesn't translate to lost ticket sales or income it has no relevance to our board.