User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arshavin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arshavin

Just been watching some clips for a couple of years back.

The guys seems fatter there than now. But his movement of the ball before striking it is so much quicker.

They're all snap shots. All switching the ball quickly and getting the shot away powerfully and early before the keeper or defender can position themselves.

What a waste of talent.

Look, I know the guy is lazy, and admits so himself. But he's not a defender, he's one of those infuriating players that strolls around, but wins you games.

What has happened? I don't think it's fitness...as he looks trim to me, and he's still got pace.

To me it's confidence. In everything he does.

I wish we could get him back to his best. We need him.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, mostly confidence IMO.

Probably best if we boo the shit of him when he comes on as a sub, that will help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't have the desire to reach his best level for us as he's a lazy fuck with no ambition.

Sell him asap.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yep, mostly confidence IMO.

Probably best if we boo the shit of him when he comes on as a sub, that will help.

Nobody was booing him. It was all aimed at Wenger.

True that Arsenal fans are frustrated at AA not performing, but I don't think anybody in the crowd holds any ill will towards him. He's still well liked. He was just unlucky that a stupid decision by Wenger caused that reaction.

Blame the manager, not the fans....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need him out of the club right now. he sets a dangerous prescendent for younger players, who will look at this multi-capped national team captain sitting around not caring what happens and think this is what you can get away with once you've 'made it'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Nobody was booing him. It was all aimed at Wenger.
    The booing that followed his name being called out was aimed at Arshavin.
    Or even if it was aimed at Wenger's decision to put Arshavin on, it was still an idiotic and unhelpful reaction and you could see Arshavin's reaction to it. It destroyed any chance of a decent performance from him. Recently I think Arshavin's been working a lot harder. He's desperately lacking confidence but his workrate has been pretty decent. Booing when his name is called out isn't going to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Just been watching some clips for a couple of years back.

The guys seems fatter there than now. But his movement of the ball before striking it is so much quicker.

They're all snap shots. All switching the ball quickly and getting the shot away powerfully and early before the keeper or defender can position themselves.

What a waste of talent.

Look, I know the guy is lazy, and admits so himself. But he's not a defender, he's one of those infuriating players that strolls around, but wins you games.

What has happened? I don't think it's fitness...as he looks trim to me, and he's still got pace.

To me it's confidence. In everything he does.

I wish we could get him back to his best. We need him.
    He's lost a lot of pace, or else everyone else in the Russian leagues are slow. He was a hell of a player in that league and even looked like he was picking up where he left off when he first joined us. Was it against Portsmouth where he rifled that goal from his once typical impossible angle? Right into the roof of the net. The calm finishing. The mazy dribbles at intense speed. All gone. I did notice at Zenit they had this weird way of playing where when they had the ball the forwards would head towards the box at pace and give him options, or at least drag markers away from him. We've moved away from that old fashioned type of play. Now when we get the ball in dangerous areas we slow it down and pass backwards. We've become more adept at this since he joined so maybe he's just become incompatible with our sophisticated style of play. Same with Ox, the poor kid just charges towards goal, beating his men and trying to score or set people up. Naive.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or even if it was aimed at Wenger's decision to put Arshavin on, it was still an idiotic and unhelpful reaction and you could see Arshavin's reaction to it. It destroyed any chance of a decent performance from him. Recently I think Arshavin's been working a lot harder. He's desperately lacking confidence but his workrate has been pretty decent. Booing when his name is called out isn't going to help.
    Nah, the boos were a carry on of the initial "booing", which was broken by a brief cheer for AOC. It just co-insided with his name being called out. It was followed by the fans singing "We Love You Arsenal" and the a section singing "You don't know what you're doing".

None of it was aimed at Arshavin, and the reaction would have been completely different if it had been Walcott coming off.

The fans could see that bringing AOC off was the wrong move. As he was having an impact. It was out of disbelief at a mad decision to bring off our most effective player.

NOTHING to do with Arshavin. Because if he had been bought on in place of Walcott, or Ramsey or Rosicky...not much would have been said. Normal sub, normal polite applause.

AND it wasn't an idiotic reaction. The UNHELPFUL decision was made by the manager, not the fans. EVERYONE knew it was coming, and is perhaps why the derision was so intense.
    Last edited by LDG; 24-01-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looked pretty forlorn, whether the booing was aimed at him or not it does seem from the footage he was affected by it. Not that this gives him any excuses for yet another lazy performance. He's supposed to be a professional and he gets paid a shit load of money.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the reaction would have been completely different if it had been Walcott coming off
    Mexican waves, Sambas, party poppers, balloons.
    Für eure Sicherheit