User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: win a cup and is it a successful season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

win a cup and is it a successful season?

genuine question here, given there is a lot of anger on here for our performances recently and rightly so, if we win the fa cup or the champions league and fail to get top four, is it a successful season?

if we win the fa cup, i will be really happy but overall disappointed with the league and wont regard it as a very succesful season though will be delighted we finally won a cup. but if we win the champions league, i will think it a brilliant season to finally win it, be champions of europe. and if we fail to get top four, and win CL, we go into the CL if i am right. well liverpool did in 2005.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes especially if we win the CL (Which we wont but that isnt the point of the thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh* This question again.

Every season - and every season - nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    *sigh* This question again.

Every season - and every season - nothing.
    sorry. was have a chat about this with a mate last night, was interested to hear what people thought on here. given this is our worst season so far since 2006 imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The league is the bread and butter and the best measure of progress IMO. Even if we get into the top 4 I don't count that as progress. Winning the FA Cup or CL would be enjoyable. Very enjoyable. And, of course, it would count as 'success'. But I would still want some major changes at the club and a change of management because our league season shows we have regressed and there is little hope for improvement under the current circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A top four finish won't do anything for our players confidence and it wouldn't stop players like RVP from leaving the club.

But an FA Cup win would probably have more of a positive effect on the team even though we miss out on the CL league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    A top four finish won't do anything for our players confidence and it wouldn't stop players like RVP from leaving the club.

But an FA Cup win would probably have more of a positive effect on the team even though we miss out on the CL league.
    No but both would for me one with out the other is faliure what ever way you look at it. I agree with ACH only winning the CL can count as succesful tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    No but both would for me one with out the other is faliure what ever way you look at it. I agree with ACH only winning the CL can count as succesful tbh
    I know the OP asked what us fans think success would be but it's unimportant, imo.

Finally winning a trophy and breaking that jinx would do more for our squad than a top four finish would. They need to feel like winners and get that hunger to win silverware. I just think silverware would lift this team more than a top four finish. Both would be ideal but they if we end up throphyless again but make it to 4th the team won't feel as if they have achieved something this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winning a cup would be great and is what we really need, getting 4th is a nothing achievement which brings you nothing except money in reality.

Would it be a success yes, however I echo the sentiments that major changes are needed regardless of what happens.

This is a pointless question as we won't be winning jack sh*t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I know the OP asked what us fans think success would be but it's unimportant, imo.

Finally winning a trophy and breaking that jinx would do more for our squad than a top four finish would. They need to feel like winners and get that hunger to win silverware. I just think silverware would lift this team more than a top four finish. Both would be ideal but they if we end up throphyless again but make it to 4th the team won't feel as if they have achieved something this season.
    yeah your right tbh had we not bottled the cc we have won the league too last season. Id take the fa cup for sure tbh.