User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilshere out for the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'A leeeetle setback'.

Could do with the German being good straight away now. CM is threadbare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great news.

keeps him away from the england squad, takes the pressure off him for the remainder of the season (which would've been heaped onto his shoulders upon his return) and allows a fresh start next season.
    Last edited by Kano; 01-02-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    great news.

keeps him away from the england squad, takes the pressure off him for the remainder of the season (which would've been heaped onto his shoulders upon his return) and allows a fresh injury next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pressure is unavoidable anyway, it's only going to increase the longer he's out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I just enjoy watching him play (no homo). Even if it makes no difference to our end position (but I have a feeling it would've helped us a lot).
    I agree he's one of our few bright lights and is wonderful to watch. I do think his stock has risen substantially with him not playing though. He's now regarded as Arsenal's and England's saviour and he wasn't even an England regular when he was fit!

I agree with a poster above: rest of season off + no England tournament shite = good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well.

It'll give him more time to punch taxi drivers and fuck sluts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The pressure is unavoidable anyway, it's only going to increase the longer he's out.
    i think it would be worse if he returned now with such a pressure cooker on for getting into the champs league. at least he can have a full pre season and be ready to go mid august.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I just enjoy watching him play (no homo). Even if it makes no difference to our end position (but I have a feeling it would've helped us a lot).
    Agree with Syn, At least with him coming back we had some creativity to look forward too. Now it seems we will be seeing the same old till the end of the season. Only problem was it would be a month before he would have been back to full fitness which by then our season could have beeon over.

Oh well i guess this thomas guy will have to be our saviour and chamakh is back, yay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    I agree he's one of our few bright lights and is wonderful to watch. I do think his stock has risen substantially with him not playing though. He's now regarded as Arsenal's and England's saviour and he wasn't even an England regular when he was fit!
    He was an England regular by the time he got injured - in the sense that he was getting picked and going to get picked every game. He was truly brilliant last season - there's no getting away from it. I don't think his stock has risen. I think people have completely forgotten about him. I think Fabregas and Nasri's stock has gone up a lot with them not playing for us. All the talk is about missing Nasri and Fabregas but Wilshere was the midfielder who out-performed them comfortably over the season (there was a 2 month period where Nasri was a lot better but Wilshere was consistently excellent).

Wilshere is underrated in the same way Bale is - because people think they're 'overrated'. After the initial over-praising of Bale after he destroyed Inter Milan, he has still been quality but people laughed off claims of him being the best winger around with comparisons with Messi, Ronaldo etc. He might not be the very best, but he's fucking good. Same with Wilshere. Jack was fucking good. Now though, who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    It'll give him more time to fuck sluts.
    As long as he doesn't catch anything, it will help him stay fit.