User Tag List

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ligue 1 The real home of football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Dont know if any of you lot are inerested in French football but it certainly keeps my ineterest. If there is interest i am happy to keep this thread updated with news, transfers and results and the such.

Interesting coming into the last game of the season that Monaco most likely will be relegated, there last game? Lyon

Lille have already been crowned champions are Lens and Avignon are already relgated, unsurprisingly marseille and Lyon make up the champs league places with the ever improving PSG getting the UEFA cup spot, along with cup runners up my very own Montpellier.
    I blame Wenger.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    I blame Wenger.
    For monaco being relegated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    For monaco being relegated?
    Yes. He used to coach them, didn't he?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    Yes. He used to coach them, didn't he?
    No, he used to be the manager though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Cole scored for Lille in a 1-1 draw with Lorient .

Campbell was a late sub for Lorient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSG go top on goal difference and Joe the Cole scores for Lille as well.

If anyone is genuinely interested in French Footie this is by far the best website http://www.ligue1.com/ligue1 also includes all the player photo's so you can have a good laugh at those with silly names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Montpellier hit the top of the pops after the weekends games and are now looking like seriously shaking up the usual yawn fest at the top of the french league, more pertinent to me as they are my team in France but an interesting article on the club and french ligue as a whole

http://www.ligue1.com/ligue1/article...title-race.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has been confirmed as the new coach of Paris Saint-Germain.

The Italian, 52, was announced as manager at a news conference at the Parc des Princes stadium on Friday.

"I think I can do good work here," said Ancelotti. "We have all the conditions to succeed. I am delighted and very enthusiastic about this project."

Antoine Kombouare, who led PSG to the top of the French league, had been sacked by the club just hours earlier.

The French side released a statement saying: "After two years in which he served with passion as PSG coach, Antoine Kombouare has left as of this date.

"PSG would like to thank him for the professionalism he has shown throughout his work and expresses its best wishes for his success in his new endeavours.

His deal with PSG has taken some time to put together, complicated by the fact that 48-year-old Kombouare was not sacked by the club until Friday.

Although Kombouare led PSG to the top of the Ligue 1 table at the winter break, he also oversaw their exit from the Europa League group stage.

The club's Qatari owners have lofty ambitions and are keen to bring high-profile names to the French capital.

Former AC Milan boss Ancelotti could be joined shortly by David Beckham, whom he coached briefly at the Italian club during the former England captain's first loan spell at the San Siro.

PSG are hoping to complete a deal to sign the former England skipper once his contract with Los Angeles Galaxy expires at the end of December.

However, BBC Sport understands Beckham is leaning towards staying in the US with LA Galaxy.

Ancelotti won a league and cup double with Chelsea in his first season in charge before he was sacked at the end of last season despite finishing second in the Premier League.

The Italian was also a two-time Champions League winner during his decade-long spell at Milan.

Qatar Sports Investments bought PSG last summer and their president, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, promised "to make the club a great team and a strong brand on the international scene".

They promptly spent £71.3m to attract new talent, including paying £35.2m to Italian side Palermo for 22-year-old midfielder Javier Pastore.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16344882.stm

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't work out what the pull of being there might be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leo .