User Tag List

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ligue 1 The real home of football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Ligue 1 The real home of football

Dont know if any of you lot are inerested in French football but it certainly keeps my ineterest. If there is interest i am happy to keep this thread updated with news, transfers and results and the such.

Interesting coming into the last game of the season that Monaco most likely will be relegated, there last game? Lyon

Lille have already been crowned champions are Lens and Avignon are already relgated, unsurprisingly marseille and Lyon make up the champs league places with the ever improving PSG getting the UEFA cup spot, along with cup runners up my very own Montpellier.
    Last edited by Flavs; 25-05-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have saved this thread from almost certain deat`.

[QUOTE]
    Lyon have confirmed rhat Remi Garde is to succeed Claude Puel as manager at Stade GeRland.

The Ligue 1 outfit finally severed ties with [URL="http://topics.skysports.com/Claude+P}el/?sec|ion=football"]Puel[/URL

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Lyon boss Remi Garde has cited Arsene Wenger and Stoke City as inspiration for how his team will play.
    The 45-year-old Frenchman is keen for his side to combine the never-say-die attitude of Tony Pulis’ men and the flowing game Arsenal play under Wenger.
    Garde, who played for theGunners between 1996 and 1999, has ambitions to win by playing the "beautiful game".
    "It’s the alchemy that’s made Arsene Wenger successful: keep the English fighting spirit and have the game flowing and moving,” Garde told Foot01.
    “I have other sources of inspiration. I like the will of Stoke City and BirminghamCity in terms of desire to give energy and commitment.
    “Yes, I am ambitious, as I have said. Everyone in the club is, even if our talk is more cautious.
    “I do not think you can win back the public without [positive] results. To play the beautiful game and lose, that’s not my goal.”
    The former French international played at Lyon through his youth from 1982, becoming club captain in the process before he left for Strasbourg in 1993.
    The defender joined Arsenal on the same day as Patrick Vieira, but unlike the Gunners legend, Garde was always expected to be used as experienced cover.
    With age and a persistent knee injury hampering his career, he retired in June 1999 at the London club.
    His appointment as manager of Lyon is his first role as head coach, although he has worked over the past few years as a coach and assistant manager at the French club.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/...spiration-from

Arsenal and Stoke?

Hows that then? Pass, pass, pass, hoof, pass, pass, hoof, get a throw in, chuck it in, and score?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the Czech Republic of old, I guess. Pass pass pass between Nedved, Rosicky, Poborsky etc then hoof for Koller to head in? Loved that team at Euro 2004.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Like the Czech Republic of old, I guess. Pass pass pass between Nedved, Rosicky, Poborsky etc then hoof for Koller to head in? Loved that team at Euro 2004.
    They were brilliant.

Jan Koller

Get him in for Dennis Bendtner tbh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JOE COLE introduced himself to his Lille team-mates at dinner on Friday with a lusty rendition of 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner'.

Quite what two Poles, a Brazilian, a couple of Belgians, three Senegalese, a Montenegrin, a Nigerian and a gaggle of bemused Frenchmen made of that is anyone's guess.

But, pretty soon, the only Englishman in the squad hopes to be able to sing it in French, as Camden-born Cole insists he will embrace all aspects of his surprising loan move to France's Lique 1.

The out-of-favour Liverpool star got through the toughest part of this new venture with a 25-minute debut at St Etienne on Saturday, the climax of which was setting up Ludovic Obraniak for the last goal in a 3-1 win.

And 29-year-old Cole said: "I was so nervous, it was completely new.

"If I was making my debut for another English team, I would have known the style and the routines.

"I've learnt 'droit' and 'gauche' to turn right and left. I've also tried to learn 'Man on!' so, yes, I'm enjoying the challenge.

"I sang 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner' to the lads on Friday and it got a better reception than at Chelsea. Put it this way, I didn't get pelted with rolls and potatoes!

"On Monday, I am going to download some French and get cracking with that.

"Things are so different. For instance, we've got to clean our own boots and carry our own boots to games here.

"The club gives you a lot of responsibility. There are a lot of things changing and it's a big challenge.

"But every day I go into work, it becomes a little bit more familiar and I think to myself 'Yeah, I'm in the right place here' — the way they play football suits me down to the ground.

"I could have gone to an English club but I just thought it was the right time to try a new challenge in a new country.

"I'm sure there will be some moments when I get the language mixed up but I am trying."

Midfielder Cole was sent off on his Liverpool debut last August so a few mixed-up French verbs is nothing to worry about.

He joked: "Anything less than a red card was always going to be an improvement wasn't it?

"Seriously though, it's been good. The manager wants me to come in slowly. It is a strong squad and he knows what I need.

"He says everything in French at half-time, so I just tried to listen. I didn't think I knew any French but there are a few words I could make out, so it was all good."

Cole's biggest problem was finding a way to watch Match of the Day on Saturday. His first question after helping Lille triumph was to ask how both Liverpool and West Ham had got on.

Clearly, he is not leaving everything English behind but, hopefully, Cole is at last singing from the same song sheet as his manager.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...teams/arsenal/

Hes become a bit shit but fair play to him and trying out a new challenge instead of doing the usual English thing and stay in the comfort zone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Yep they were good. Nedved and Rosicky were divine back then.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Dont know if any of you lot are inerested in French football but it certainly keeps my ineterest. If there is interest i am happy to keep this thread updated with news, transfers and results and the such.

Interesting coming into the last game of the season that Monaco most likely will be relegated, there last game? Lyon

Lille have already been crowned champions are Lens and Avignon are already relgated, unsurprisingly marseille and Lyon make up the champs league places with the ever improving PSG getting the UEFA cup spot, along with cup runners up my very own Montpellier.
    Ol flav, please keep this thread updated. Fanx
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok can do if i have time. You will note that a large part of this thread will be about PSG as they are now the new Man City, who were the new chelsea, who were the new Blackburn

Interesting piece here around the sustainability of brand rather than completely relying on outside monies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14935658.stm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    current league table after 5 games is lead by my families home town team Montpelier closely followed by reigning champs Lille, multi gazillionaires PSG and Remi Garde's Lyon.

No real surprises in the rest of the table. Only Arsenal related news is that old Marvin the Martian has signed a new 4 year contract at Sochaux.

In terms of Europe this season Lille, Lyon and Marseille are at the big table while PSG And Stade Rennais are at the side table (With spurs)