User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal's Decline: Are there any easy answers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We do need to be realistic. But it's not unrealistic to think we should be doing better than Spurs.
    Spurs!
    They shouldn't be anywhere near us, it's embarrassing mismanagement from top to bottom that they've been allowed to catch up with and now overtake us.
    Problem is one day they would have anyway, we would not have been above them forever its just happend sooner then most would like, same as City/UT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We do need to be realistic. But it's not unrealistic to think we should be doing better than Spurs.
    Spurs!
    They shouldn't be anywhere near us, it's embarrassing mismanagement from top to bottom that they've been allowed to catch up with and now overtake us.
    well no, not really. spurs have one of the best midfields in the prem, so even if we had a better depth of squad, they would still be in the position they are now.

their current position in the table has nothing to do with ours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care that City are above us. They've blundered their way to the top through sheer weight of spending.
    We can't compete with them, I wouldn't want us to try.
    But Spurs? They don't have anywhere near the income or resources we do, they haven't had a shiny stadium or the CL football to entice players.
    There's no way they should be able to compete with us much less now be way above us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as rich men realised that Wenger was very good at turning profit we began to die as a football club its as simple as that. Our decline began IMO when Ashley Cole was sold, don't get me wrong i would rather listen to his wife's albums than have him here but that was the start. Here was a boy who was truly home grown by Wenger and then sold for a big fee (and bloody Gallas) As soon as that happened little pound signs started appearing.

Since then we have seen young talent after young talent come to the club, get better and be sold and then replaced with...more young talent, all while making vast amounts of money for the board. Look now at the team, the Ox, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Jenko its all a bit familiar, each time we look like losing a bit of revenue one of them will be sold. This isn't the managers fault and wont change unless 1) the board change tack 2) We get a footballing man in as director of football.

However

Are the players on the pitch being utilised in the best possible way? No absolutely not and that is why Wenger must go. The tactics are poor, the mental approach is shite, the motivation is irregular at best and the substitutions are just bizarre. Our game has become so predictable its almost embarrassing at times. Anyone who didn't expect Bolton to nick a later winner last night hasn't been watching Arsenal for the last 5 years. The concern i have is that Wenger does leave he will move upstairs which means nothing will change at all.

When we played Swansea i wondered what would happen if we swapped managers, who would be better off and i think we all know the answer to that. I cant really believe the media still use the bullshit stories about Real Madrid wanting Wenger? The sort of manager they need is a completely different beast to Wenger. People have spoken about Spurs passing us, the simple reason is that Levy and redknapp are considerably better than PHW and Wenger right now.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Arsenal FC only makes a profit due to player trading. Look at the accounts.

We can compete with Man U now and then but you then have City, Chavs, Pool - all with bigger budgets as well.

It's better to be realistic or you'll forever be disappointed supporting Arsenal for the foreseeable future. The glory days are long gone.

That doesn;t mean we should have the worst away defence in the league though.
    In your opinion of course.

Im think its perfectly realistic to suggest that we can and should be able to compete for the league every season.

Despite the lack of performance at the moment, we do have the basics of a title challenging team.

If we were to add 2-3 quality, experienced players and had a manager that would drill the defence, motivate the players and instill a winning mentality, change tactics and make substitutions based on what was happening on the pitch and study each team more intricately before we play them each week, then we would be up there challenging.

That has to be the starting point.

We are better than 4th place, Wenger and the board have spent the last 6 years making it seem like we arent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transfer policy is the biggest disgrace, along with misplaced faith in a team that you can bet your house on will disappoint in one way or another.

Nothing wrong with being self sufficient.

There's everything wrong with not making the most of what we actually generate as a club.

We need a modern manager in now to take us forward. Who that is I don't know, but just because there isn't an obvious solution doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    In your opinion of course.

Im think its perfectly realistic to suggest that we can and should be able to compete for the league every season.

Despite the lack of performance at the moment, we do have the basics of a title challenging team.

If we were to add 2-3 quality, experienced players and had a manager that would drill the defence, motivate the players and instill a winning mentality, change tactics and make substitutions based on what was happening on the pitch and study each team more intricately before we play them each week, then we would be up there challenging.

That has to be the starting point.

We are better than 4th place, Wenger and the board have spent the last 6 years making it seem like we arent.
    True.

I agree with this.

To add a little if I may:

I'd be content if were using our resources to try the best we possibly can on the football field. Yes, we have the basics tobe able to challenge for the league, no doubt.

What I want to see, is the club being ambitious enough to "try" and do the best we can. At the moment, we're not. And THAT is where all the frustration and anger is directed.

Anyone with an ounce of sense can spot when we're doing the right things, even if we fail.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    As soon as rich men realised that Wenger was very good at turning profit we began to die as a football club its as simple as that. Our decline began IMO when Ashley Cole was sold, don't get me wrong i would rather listen to his wife's albums than have him here but that was the start. Here was a boy who was truly home grown by Wenger and then sold for a big fee (and bloody Gallas) As soon as that happened little pound signs started appearing.

Since then we have seen young talent after young talent come to the club, get better and be sold and then replaced with...more young talent, all while making vast amounts of money for the board. Look now at the team, the Ox, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Jenko its all a bit familiar, each time we look like losing a bit of revenue one of them will be sold. This isn't the managers fault and wont change unless 1) the board change tack 2) We get a footballing man in as director of football.

However

Are the players on the pitch being utilised in the best possible way? No absolutely not and that is why Wenger must go. The tactics are poor, the mental approach is shite, the motivation is irregular at best and the substitutions are just bizarre. Our game has become so predictable its almost embarrassing at times. Anyone who didn't expect Bolton to nick a later winner last night hasn't been watching Arsenal for the last 5 years. The concern i have is that Wenger does leave he will move upstairs which means nothing will change at all.

When we played Swansea i wondered what would happen if we swapped managers, who would be better off and i think we all know the answer to that. I cant really believe the media still use the bullshit stories about Real Madrid wanting Wenger? The sort of manager they need is a completely different beast to Wenger. People have spoken about Spurs passing us, the simple reason is that Levy and redknapp are considerably better than PHW and Wenger right now.

In my opinion Wenger is both a miracle worker AND a stubborn incompetent in some key areas. It's like a brilliant brain surgeon who is also an alcoholic. You just can't believe an intelligent man would have such a fundamental weakness that undermines everything else he does. Mind you, he's not had much help. Everyone heard what that Gazidis bloke had to say. He's delusional in terms of football, a top grade bean counter maybe but totally unsuited to the job he has if what he says is true. He should be running a sporting goods store or something like that, where the sport itself is somebody else's affair and he is simply left to shift the merchandise.

I see Wenger's role as close to impossible in many ways. Picture a guy at the foot of a mountain. Somebody rolls a rock down the mountain (say the sale of Fabreags), it's Wenger's job to stop the rock hitting the bottom and push the thing back up. Meanwhile some other cunt rolls a second rock down. Now Wenger has to catch that too. He has to keep all the rocks far enough up the metaphorical mountain and he's done it for 14 years. That's the miracle part and that's why we shouldn't be trying to humiliate the guy just because the odd rock slips past him. I doubt anyone could do better given the circumstances.

However, he has this horrible tendency to ignore one or two rocks all the fucking time. He sees the rock perched, ready to be pushed. He sees it making its way down the mountain, gathering pace. And he just fucking ignores it. Why? There's some sort of blind spot. He certainly deserves criticism for that, but there are people blaming him for rolling the rocks down in the first place. It's the board doing that, not Wenger.

Those bastards took every last penny of the money Kroenke invested and they put it in their fucking pockets. Some of them have put fuck all into this club so even a tenner would have been a significant return for them. Not one of the cunts thought, I've done fucking well here, I'll kick half back. Even in terms of a long term, favourable loan. Kroenke takes a lot of heat but they sure made him jump through hoops and they cleaned him out for the maximum amount. That has put a lot of pressure on him to perform too, and he's a business man not a football man so he's going to do what he does best. That's why he loves Wenger, who else is going to faithfully push those fucking rocks up the hill that those greedy bastards rolled down? Kroenke might come good yet - he might. But he has a lot of damage to repair first. Like the fucked up commercial deals we signed just to grease the wheels for a stadium move that now turns out to have been about nothing more that a few greedy men cashing out. We know about those cunts and what they have done and they deserve to be despise for it. We don't know for sure about Kroenke yet, time will tell.

So the key goal to getting back on track is to burn the leeches off the club, stop them sucking blood. Get them out. Let Kroenke do his thing and see if that's worth a damn. He won't be going anywhere in the short term so we can only pray he has the club's interests at heart - not because he's an Arsenal fan but because he's smarter than the cunts he's replacing and realises that performance on the pitch will make it easier to perform at the bank.

I don't think Wenger is going anywhere either. Why would Kroenke remove one of the few foundations he can rely on? A replacement manager would have to be as good as Wenger at managing a much broader range of duties than most managers are exposed to. He'd also have to offer tangible advantages to the team on the pitch. Somebody like Mourinho could easily accomplish the latter, he's a much more astute manager than Wenger in that respect. Some of the other names suggested would be eaten alive though. Moyes, Coyle, the ultimate yes man Ancellotti. Give me a break. Maybe they could get the team played better right up until the team packed its bags and headed out the door. Those players are staying for a reason and I'm betting with 90% of them it's not down to the love of the club. More like the inflated wages we complain about. There must be individual deals with certain players in place while we wait to come out of the darkness. Is that why Theo plays all the time? Does her have a deal to keep him at the club? Is that why the captaincy is treated like a lollipop to be passed around? If true, that's what a new manager faces. A new manager could see us go from top 4-6 to absolutely nowhere fast as relationships break down. I'm speculating, sure, but there has to be something going on behind the scenes that explains the inexplicable failure to correct what we can see in public.

So the answer, purge the greedy fuckers that have robbed the club. Clear the path for Kroenke to see what his plan is. As unpopular as it may be, keep Wenger until this stage of whatever plan they have in place is concluded. And tough it out. Oh and everytime you see PHW or the rest of his cronies from now on - spit on them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

In my opinion Wenger is both a miracle worker AND a stubborn incompetent in some key areas. It's like a brilliant brain surgeon who is also an alcoholic. You just can't believe an intelligent man would have such a fundamental weakness that undermines everything else he does. Mind you, he's not had much help. Everyone heard what that Gazidis bloke had to say. He's delusional in terms of football, a top grade bean counter maybe but totally unsuited to the job he has if what he says is true. He should be running a sporting goods store or something like that, where the sport itself is somebody else's affair and he is simply left to shift the merchandise.

I see Wenger's role as close to impossible in many ways. Picture a guy at the foot of a mountain. Somebody rolls a rock down the mountain (say the sale of Fabreags), it's Wenger's job to stop the rock hitting the bottom and push the thing back up. Meanwhile some other cunt rolls a second rock down. Now Wenger has to catch that too. He has to keep all the rocks far enough up the metaphorical mountain and he's done it for 14 years. That's the miracle part and that's why we shouldn't be trying to humiliate the guy just because the odd rock slips past him. I doubt anyone could do better given the circumstances.

However, he has this horrible tendency to ignore one or two rocks all the fucking time. He sees the rock perched, ready to be pushed. He sees it making its way down the mountain, gathering pace. And he just fucking ignores it. Why? There's some sort of blind spot. He certainly deserves criticism for that, but there are people blaming him for rolling the rocks down in the first place. It's the board doing that, not Wenger.

Those bastards took every last penny of the money Kroenke invested and they put it in their fucking pockets. Some of them have put fuck all into this club so even a tenner would have been a significant return for them. Not one of the cunts thought, I've done fucking well here, I'll kick half back. Even in terms of a long term, favourable loan. Kroenke takes a lot of heat but they sure made him jump through hoops and they cleaned him out for the maximum amount. That has put a lot of pressure on him to perform too, and he's a business man not a football man so he's going to do what he does best. That's why he loves Wenger, who else is going to faithfully push those fucking rocks up the hill that those greedy bastards rolled down? Kroenke might come good yet - he might. But he has a lot of damage to repair first. Like the fucked up commercial deals we signed just to grease the wheels for a stadium move that now turns out to have been about nothing more that a few greedy men cashing out. We know about those cunts and what they have done and they deserve to be despise for it. We don't know for sure about Kroenke yet, time will tell.

So the key goal to getting back on track is to burn the leeches off the club, stop them sucking blood. Get them out. Let Kroenke do his thing and see if that's worth a damn. He won't be going anywhere in the short term so we can only pray he has the club's interests at heart - not because he's an Arsenal fan but because he's smarter than the cunts he's replacing and realises that performance on the pitch will make it easier to perform at the bank.

I don't think Wenger is going anywhere either. Why would Kroenke remove one of the few foundations he can rely on? A replacement manager would have to be as good as Wenger at managing a much broader range of duties than most managers are exposed to. He'd also have to offer tangible advantages to the team on the pitch. Somebody like Mourinho could easily accomplish the latter, he's a much more astute manager than Wenger in that respect. Some of the other names suggested would be eaten alive though. Moyes, Coyle, the ultimate yes man Ancellotti. Give me a break. Maybe they could get the team played better right up until the team packed its bags and headed out the door. Those players are staying for a reason and I'm betting with 90% of them it's not down to the love of the club. More like the inflated wages we complain about. There must be individual deals with certain players in place while we wait to come out of the darkness. Is that why Theo plays all the time? Does her have a deal to keep him at the club? Is that why the captaincy is treated like a lollipop to be passed around? If true, that's what a new manager faces. A new manager could see us go from top 4-6 to absolutely nowhere fast as relationships break down. I'm speculating, sure, but there has to be something going on behind the scenes that explains the inexplicable failure to correct what we can see in public.

So the answer, purge the greedy fuckers that have robbed the club. Clear the path for Kroenke to see what his plan is. As unpopular as it may be, keep Wenger until this stage of whatever plan they have in place is concluded. And tough it out. Oh and everytime you see PHW or the rest of his cronies from now on - spit on them.

NQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post

However

Agree about cashley