User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal's Decline: Are there any easy answers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NQ has it spot on, that rock analgy is the best way to describe wenger here imo.

wonder what would happen if the board fucked up (as they should) and we keep wenger and actually have some money. would pressure be on him to deliver, would that affect players like theo who have to perform as the club has to win. i agree, if board go, keep wenger on for one more season, if that fails, let him go (i think he only has next season on his contract so up to him to win a new one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    NQ has it spot on, that rock analgy is the best way to describe wenger here imo.

wonder what would happen if the board fucked up (as they should) and we keep wenger and actually have some money. would pressure be on him to deliver, would that affect players like theo who have to perform as the club has to win. i agree, if board go, keep wenger on for one more season, if that fails, let him go (i think he only has next season on his contract so up to him to win a new one)
    you mean fucked off?

Then we will see what is going on, if a new manager chucks money at AW and he says no i won't spend it then you know its been him all along. However if he does spend it the right way then you know its the board who fecked up, either way we won't know till either the board or AW leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

In my opinion Wenger is both a miracle worker AND a stubborn incompetent in some key areas. It's like a brilliant brain surgeon who is also an alcoholic. You just can't believe an intelligent man would have such a fundamental weakness that undermines everything else he does. Mind you, he's not had much help. Everyone heard what that Gazidis bloke had to say. He's delusional in terms of football, a top grade bean counter maybe but totally unsuited to the job he has if what he says is true. He should be running a sporting goods store or something like that, where the sport itself is somebody else's affair and he is simply left to shift the merchandise.

I see Wenger's role as close to impossible in many ways. Picture a guy at the foot of a mountain. Somebody rolls a rock down the mountain (say the sale of Fabreags), it's Wenger's job to stop the rock hitting the bottom and push the thing back up. Meanwhile some other cunt rolls a second rock down. Now Wenger has to catch that too. He has to keep all the rocks far enough up the metaphorical mountain and he's done it for 14 years. That's the miracle part and that's why we shouldn't be trying to humiliate the guy just because the odd rock slips past him. I doubt anyone could do better given the circumstances.

However, he has this horrible tendency to ignore one or two rocks all the fucking time. He sees the rock perched, ready to be pushed. He sees it making its way down the mountain, gathering pace. And he just fucking ignores it. Why? There's some sort of blind spot. He certainly deserves criticism for that, but there are people blaming him for rolling the rocks down in the first place. It's the board doing that, not Wenger.

Those bastards took every last penny of the money Kroenke invested and they put it in their fucking pockets. Some of them have put fuck all into this club so even a tenner would have been a significant return for them. Not one of the cunts thought, I've done fucking well here, I'll kick half back. Even in terms of a long term, favourable loan. Kroenke takes a lot of heat but they sure made him jump through hoops and they cleaned him out for the maximum amount. That has put a lot of pressure on him to perform too, and he's a business man not a football man so he's going to do what he does best. That's why he loves Wenger, who else is going to faithfully push those fucking rocks up the hill that those greedy bastards rolled down? Kroenke might come good yet - he might. But he has a lot of damage to repair first. Like the fucked up commercial deals we signed just to grease the wheels for a stadium move that now turns out to have been about nothing more that a few greedy men cashing out. We know about those cunts and what they have done and they deserve to be despise for it. We don't know for sure about Kroenke yet, time will tell.

So the key goal to getting back on track is to burn the leeches off the club, stop them sucking blood. Get them out. Let Kroenke do his thing and see if that's worth a damn. He won't be going anywhere in the short term so we can only pray he has the club's interests at heart - not because he's an Arsenal fan but because he's smarter than the cunts he's replacing and realises that performance on the pitch will make it easier to perform at the bank.

I don't think Wenger is going anywhere either. Why would Kroenke remove one of the few foundations he can rely on? A replacement manager would have to be as good as Wenger at managing a much broader range of duties than most managers are exposed to. He'd also have to offer tangible advantages to the team on the pitch. Somebody like Mourinho could easily accomplish the latter, he's a much more astute manager than Wenger in that respect. Some of the other names suggested would be eaten alive though. Moyes, Coyle, the ultimate yes man Ancellotti. Give me a break. Maybe they could get the team played better right up until the team packed its bags and headed out the door. Those players are staying for a reason and I'm betting with 90% of them it's not down to the love of the club. More like the inflated wages we complain about. There must be individual deals with certain players in place while we wait to come out of the darkness. Is that why Theo plays all the time? Does her have a deal to keep him at the club? Is that why the captaincy is treated like a lollipop to be passed around? If true, that's what a new manager faces. A new manager could see us go from top 4-6 to absolutely nowhere fast as relationships break down. I'm speculating, sure, but there has to be something going on behind the scenes that explains the inexplicable failure to correct what we can see in public.

So the answer, purge the greedy fuckers that have robbed the club. Clear the path for Kroenke to see what his plan is. As unpopular as it may be, keep Wenger until this stage of whatever plan they have in place is concluded. And tough it out. Oh and everytime you see PHW or the rest of his cronies from now on - spit on them.
    Top top toperty top posting, son.

Have a biscuit.

Seriously. Bang on mate.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger is responsible for what happens on the pitch, not the board.

He gets the tactics wrong, he makes shit subs, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is the board are coining it so why would they leave?

Stan can sit in America combing his tash and counting his dollars

Ivan gets to buy his snappy suits while doing fuck all else

Wenger gets to stand in the artillery range every game while the others sit around laughing at his constant beatings.

But that still doesnt excuse the endless shit we see on the pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post

Wenger gets to stand in the artillery range every game while the others sit around laughing at his constant beatings.

They have a 12 month lock down period, do the current board. They had to stay in place.

Not sure when that time is up (I'm guessing 12 months after Stan bought the club??), so hopefully, as NQ puts more eloquently than I, he'll come in and kick the cunts out.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post

He gets the tactics wrong, he makes shit subs, etc
    They employ him simples our owner is happy to sit in Yank land and watch this go down. no one from the board has ever said its unnaccetable the way we are performing not even out chairman.

all they care about is their pockets. Its ok AW can take the blame for them too.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post

Exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post

He gets the tactics wrong, he makes shit subs, etc.
    Yeah he does. But that's only part of the picture. Any thoughts of replacing Wenger had better tally with Kroenke's requirements because he's not going to risk half a billion quid just to keep the fans happy.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yeah he does. But that's only part of the picture. Any thoughts of replacing Wenger had better tally with Kroenke's requirements because he's not going to risk half a billion quid just to keep the fans happy.
    What happens if 'they' don't get the rewards of Champions League money (which Wenger, in his own words called compulsory)? Do they then embezzle it out of the £40 million or whatever it is for finishing in the top 8 and continue as if nothing has changed?