User Tag List

Page 1 of 708 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

I know this is so soon after the January Transfer thread....but seeing as our cheif scout has said it, thought I'd make a new thread to bung all this guff in.

Giles Grimandi says:

Arsenal are keeping a close eye on Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, according to club scout Gilles Grimandi.

The 25-year-old Montpellier striker, who has bagged 15 goals in 20 games this season, is one of several possible summer targets being tracked by the Gunners ahead of possible transfer action this summer.

Confirming that Arsene Wenger’s team are monitoring a host of targets in Europe and South America Grimandi told French website Le 10 Sport:
    We look at a lot of interesting players, and we are following Giroud.

“We’re following his progress, it’s impossible not to look at the way he’s progressed in the last two years.

“Now we must try to assess the scope for improvement. I think he has the potential for the best clubs in Europe.

“That’s one of the players that we’re currently looking at, but there’s also between 20-30 other players from Europe and South America that we’re keeping an eye on.”
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm beginning to think we only track these players so Arsene can update his stats package. We sure as hell don't buy any of them so there must be some other reason we even bother. Maybe we'd be better off packing in the football and instead build a business providing data to other clubs who are prepared to actually act. We could also do a sideline in clearing snow from pitches using all the hot air our executives generate.

Heard their shit too many times now to ever take it seriously. If you want to know who we'll be signing in the summer then check out the free transfers and find the worst player on the list. That's who'll be coming here, on stupid wages too no doubt.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summer transfer muppetry time already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much worse than Jan. At least we know from the off we won't be signing anyone of note.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Summer transfer muppetry time already.
    Straight into the old routine. Keep the fans hoping.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted his interest in Lille attacker Eden Hazard.

The 21-year-old has caught the eye with his performances in Ligue 1 for the French champions, for whom he has scored 38 times in 174 appearances.

And Wenger confessed he is a keen observer of the Belgian, who has been linked with several of Europe’s top clubs recently.

He told Belgian publication DH: “I really like him [Hazard] and, for several reasons: it's his creative power, his ability to mis-align the opponent, his vision of the game and his consummate skill to address the last pass which make him a very interesting player.”

Hazard has already amassed 25 caps for the Belgian national team and has scored 1 goal for Georges Leekens' side.

Liverpool's Joe Cole, who is currently on loan with the French club, also recently praised team-mate Hazard comparing him to Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

"Hazard is different class. He's still only 21 [sic] and has definitely got another few gears to go up. He's got the same attitude as Rooney at that age. He's fearless," Cole said to talkSPORT.

"He knows how good he is, and that's a positive thing. All the top players have got that belief and a bit of presence and arrogance, and he's like that.

"He's a bit like Messi. There's only one Messi and I don't want to put pressure on the kid, but he's like him - short, squat, powerful legs, great touch, he can finish, he's got everything."
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...in-lilles-eden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's going to want to get paid £200k a week....which means he'll go to Man Shitty or Chelski or Man Utd on the off chance. Even if we stump for the transfer fee and manage to convince the powers that be to pay £100k per week, it probably won't be enough.

And that's a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd prefer not to hear AW talk about players we'll never get or superstars we almost signed.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlos Vela has admitted he has had it with Arsenal.

The Mexican forward says he wants to stay at Spanish side Real Sociedad, where he is currently on loan.

Vela said: "I don't want to return to Arsenal. I have asked my agent to negotiate with Arsenal to stay here."

Although Sociedad have financial problems, they are hoping to keep Vela on loan until 2013 and insert a clause allowing them to make the deal permanent.
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tran...cle862653.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we have had it with him so win/win