User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Profit before transfers. Confirmed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Profit before transfers. Confirmed.

Arsene Wenger has ramped up his interest in Lille's £30million-rated forward Eden hazard, but has warned fans he needs to generate the cash if he wants to spend big in the transfer market.
    The Arsenal boss has long been an admirer of the 21-year-old Belgium international and has now made public his desire to sign him up in the summer.

However, the Frenchman has also revealed he is under pressure to deliver £15m-£20m in profit for the club through transfers each year and will be limited in the transfer market to how much he makes through sales.

Wenger sold Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas I the summer for huge profits, raking in a combined £60m for the pair said: 'I really like him (Hazard) and, for several reasons.

It's his creative power, his ability to mis-align the opponent, his vision of the game and his consummate skill to address the last pass which make him a very interesting player.

'You should know that each season, it is imperative to show a profit of between fifteen and twenty million pounds. I would add that the purpose of a coach is to always buy at a price he sees fit.'
    Hazard alerted Barclays Premier League elite clubs last month by announcing he intends to leave for France for England at the end of the season.

He said: 'It's impossible for me to leave in January. As I said, I will finish the season at Lille, (as) we can still win a title.
    'I'll head to England because I think the style of football fits me and it's where I can learn the most.'
    Meanwhile the north London club has announced two money-spinning pre-season trips this summer. The club will travel to Seoul, Beijing and Hong Kong before returning to London and then doing another trip to Nigeria.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Shows where the priorities of this club lie.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 07-02-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So all those people jumping on Wengers back, I think its clear now where the problem lies. Why have we got these profit mkaing constraints, its impossible to sustain. Looks like RvP will be off next then.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very misleading article tbh.

It doesnt actually give any evidence as to how he is under pressure to make a profit. The DM make the claim that he is.

Its AW himself who says it is imperative to make a profit of between £15m and £20m, but then doesnt explain or give any reason as to why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, clearest indication yet that his hands are tied by the board.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if we finish higher up the league, we get more money. I don't understand it really.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, reading it again he doesnt even say that he needs to make a profit in the transfer market or that he has to raise funds to buy in the first place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we'd need a bit more clarification before jumping the gun. It could mean any number of things.

And we haven't seen the full interview....or how that quote came about....

Profit is a misleading term in itself anyway...
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Yep, clearest indication yet that his hands are tied by the board.
    combined with the news this morning that we are looking at both far east and african pre-season tours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    In fact, reading it again he doesnt even say that he needs to make a profit in the transfer market or that he has to raise funds to buy in the first place
    What do you expect with lazy Jurno's from the Daily fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    combined with the news this morning that we are looking at both far east and african pre-season tours.
    This, ever since Stan has come into the club, he is trying to make profit from which ever market he can. Seems we may see a Wenger Vs the board scenario soon.